The infamous Ventrac squeek.

/ The infamous Ventrac squeek. #1  

prs

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 650, Ventrac 4500Z AJ02248
My new 4500Z is beginning to squeak and squeal when turning at slow speeds. RawDodge posted a link to an aerosol product that is supposed to be THE cure. Trouble is, even if I had that magic potion, where would I douse the Ventac 4500? Both pivots have Zerk fittings and even though I am well under the 50 hour service interval, I gave each a dose of NGLI-2 Red and Tacky Lucas. That helped to where I now just have a canary bird chirp from time to time. Is there another location?

prs

/ The infamous Ventrac squeek. #2  
Just wear hearing protection, and get used to it..lol..I swear by no sqweek...it's the best I've ever used.its also available in a 64 Oz jug,I have both the jug and aerosol,love them.

/ The infamous Ventrac squeek.
I am an Audiologist, so you bet your last chip that I will have my hearing protection on.

So, should I just use the No Squeak on the same two pivots?

Thanks!

prs

/ The infamous Ventrac squeek. #4  
I'd spray it on the lower bar that has no grease fittings,its,likely what's sqweaking and possibly the forward reverse lever linkage where it pivots and connects the front linkage to the footplate area

Thanks! Will check it out.

prs

/ The infamous Ventrac squeek. #6  
I have the same squeak and can't find where.

Murph, I have not had a squeak on it since then. I never did get around to ordering the aerosol product Raw Dodge recommended. I took my pressure washer and blasted out all of the old grass clippings that had packed in around the lower plate and then I greased the H377 out of front and rear articulation fittings and the swivel fitting under the steering wheel. I also slathered a coating of grease on that lower plate between the front and rear articulation fittings. Not sure which of the greased joints was squeaking, but she no squeak'a no more. It seems easier to get to those zerks with the steering wheel turned about half way to the right. Good luck!

prs

Just an update. I am nearing 150 hours on this machine now. I grease about every 25 hours. I no longer slather grease on that lower pivot bar because it just collects dust, pollen, and chaff. I do grease the two zerks in each end of that bar using NGLI-2 lithium soap base grease with moly. I dedicated another grease gun to the moly grease and use non moly grease in things like spindles and U joints because there are some claims that such applications should not have moly (not sure I believe it and I have used moly fortified grease on everything in the past). Anyway, nary a squeak has my Ventrac emitted since greasing those two horizontal pivot joints and the one center rotation pivot ball joint.

prs

/ The infamous Ventrac squeek. #9  
I did the machine this week... The lower links are pretty easy to get to once you steer it all the way to the right. Really 25 hours seems good on grease. There are only about 10 fittings on the entire machine.... I also grease the arms that slide into the attachment a bit, they go in a lot better that way...

Mark