Ventrec PTO

/ Ventrec PTO #1  

HC54

Tractor
Ventrec
Got a diesel Ventrac and after it's been running an hour or so the PTO won't kick on without some rocking
Back and forth. Any ideas on where I should look first ?

/ Ventrec PTO #2  
Got a diesel Ventrac and after it's been running an hour or so the PTO won't kick on without some rocking
Back and forth. Any ideas on where I should look first ?

What do you mean rocking? Is it new?

/ Ventrec PTO
Not new has 1,900 hrs.
Rocking back and forth.

/ Ventrec PTO #4  
You have to go forward and back while pulling out the PTO button?

/ Ventrec PTO
The PTO is operated by a electric switch. It works fine till it gets hot after an hour or so.
I believe it has something to do with the electric/magnetic clutch. Similar to the
AC clutch on the compressor in a car.

/ Ventrec PTO #6  
I would check the wiring especially the connectors for corrosion and loose connector terminals,If that checks out the switch is the easiest and cheap item to try,also safety switch at the seat will need to be checked. .the pto clutch is not cheap I'd only.buy one after you have eliminated everything else, I cant suggest this for safety reasons,but if it were me I'd run a 14 guage jumper wire right to a 20 amp fuse at the battery and power it direct and see what happens ,that will eliminate the question of whether you have a good power connection.

Last edited:
   / Ventrec PTO #7  
If it is a 4500, there seems to be a recall on the early edition electronic safety switch module. I had problem with similar front PTO electro clutch on JD650 and ended up bypassing the factory wiring harness with a fused and switched circuit replacing the original.

prs

/ Ventrec PTO #8  
I would check the wiring especially the connectors for corrosion and loose connector terminals,If that checks out the switch is the easiest and cheap item to try,also safety switch at the seat will need to be checked. .the pto clutch is not cheap I'd only.buy one after you have eliminated everything else, I cant suggest this for safety reasons,but if it were me I'd run a 14 guage jumper wire right to a 20 amp fuse at the battery and power it direct and see what happens ,that will eliminate the question of whether you have a good power connection.

It might also be necessary to provide a substitute wire/connection on the negative side. to completely eliminate the possibility of too much resistance in the current path.

/ Ventrec PTO #9  
It might also be necessary to provide a substitute wire/connection on the negative side. to completely eliminate the possibility of too much resistance in the current path.

Absolutely! Those clutches are pretty strong.My dealer says there rated for 75hp..not sure of that's right but it's way stronger than the B38 belt on it.

/ Ventrec PTO
I'll check the wiring. I've been thinking it may be an issue with the magnet.