Ventrac and Steiner tractor pricing?

/ Ventrac and Steiner tractor pricing? #1  

Bob_Skurka

I'm looking to add a new tractor to the garage. This will be for mowing purposes on hills. Because of the slopes I've eliminated all brands that are NOT articulated. I THINK I've eliminated the Power Trac after a very lengthy discussion on the PT forum. I've NOT taken the test drives yet, but I have already arranged dates for dealers to bring equipment out to the house.

Ventrac 3000, with a 52" deck = $9250.
Ventrac 3000, with a 60" deck = $9550.
Steiner 430, with 60" deck = $11,500
Ventrac 4100, with 60" deck = still waiting for a price

Does anyone have any idea if these are good prices? I found a Steiner dealer who is converting to Ventrac and is looking to unload Steiners so the 430 quote above is probably still not as low as I can get him to go . . . but if he is switching from Steiner to Ventrac I question the wisdom of buying a Steiner when the dealer said he thinks the Ventracts are an "improved" version of the Steiners.

I'm leaning toward the Ventrac 3000 because of its much tighter turning radius. Originally I wanted a 60" mower deck, but now am leaning toward the smaller deck because it will make it easier to get into tight spots.

Thoughts?

/ Ventrac and Steiner tractor pricing? #2  
Bob,

You can see all of the Steiner List Prices right on their website. Steiner Web Site. List prices for Ventrac equipment is not posted on the web as far as I know, but in general, on an item for item basis, the prices are very close to Steiner. The 2 companies are fierce competitors.

It would be unusual to find much of a discount from list on either product line except in "distress situations" where a dealer is closing out or has a big payment due.

JackIL

/ Ventrac and Steiner tractor pricing?
The Ventrac rep told me that the "list" price on the 3000 is $9800 without the mower deck. That was only list price I was able to get, but they are more than willing to give quotes, which is what I posted above.

/ Ventrac and Steiner tractor pricing?
I forgot to mention I got a quote of $13,000 for a Ventrac 4100 with a 60" deck.

/ Ventrac and Steiner tractor pricing? #5  
There are several Steiners for sale on ebay - new and used.

Might be some good viewing.

Yooper Dave

/ Ventrac and Steiner tractor pricing? #6  
hi bob:

I've been in the VENTRAC plant personally, (on buisness when we quoted building some additional powder coating equipment for them) not to buy. they are awsome machines built for lawn maintenance areas with high hills ect. all fully hydrostat stuff even have turbo deisels as options! lots of neet attachemtns built in Orrville Oh (same place as home of SMUCKERS JELLY and SMITHS dairy.)

anyhow the owners of VENTRAC started STEINER and then sold off steiner and then opened ventrac (as I was told but I can't verrify that) yes they are close in same place steiner in orville too! lol

anyhow from talking to the higher ups they wanted to do things differently the 2nd time arround and did so allthough they are the total competiors in this market...
(THAT means play XX machine's cost vs YY machines'sZ price) MAKE them deal get each price in a quote with options and compair products. if you are anywhere near north cent ohio then take a visit to the factories !
Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Ventrac and Steiner tractor pricing? #7  
What engine where you quoted for your 430?

By design, the stiener will hold up better over long periods of time and usually is cheaper.

Yes, they both where founded by the same people. Jacobson now owns stiener.

I have run over half of the steiner attachements and run their equipment a lot and its great.

/ Ventrac and Steiner tractor pricing? #8  
Regarding the Ventrac 52" unit, what is the blade tip speed?