Three point hitch

/ Three point hitch #21  
You probably will not be happy trying to pull a Disc Harrow nor Rear Blade; both in the category of ground contact work. It is the tremendous mechanical advantage and contact patch of large rear wheels which make ground contact implements effective on traditional tractors. Even so, ground contact work puts a considerable strain on geared tractor drive trains. Ventrac/Steiners have belt drive, not gears, and probably cannot pull anything heavy enough to penetrate the tough red clay I see traveling in Georgia. The lightest Disc Harrow which is effective on previously plowed ground has 18" diameter pans and weighs 600 pounds, in my opinion. The minimum traditional tractor that will satisfactorily pull one is around 1,900 pounds, tractor only, with 4-WD and those large rear wheels. I question how the small wheels/ low ground clearance on V/S would cross plow furrows, pulling a Disc Harrow. A roto-tiller would be a better option than a Disc Harrow.

I have 26 yrs of experience on Steiners and a few on Ventracs,and It is my option that you have none whatsoever and no reason to even reply to this question.If you think a Steiner or Ventrac is belt driven you obviously have never owned one 50 hrs or more and had to grease the heavy duty driveshaft that connects the engine to the pump. Speculating what you think isn't fair to the OP, who may actually listen to you when they shouldn't be.Any Steiner or Ventrac will yank and tug with the best of them,while I've never drug a disc thru the ground,I've pulled thousands of feet of irrigation line,pulled 2500 lbs in mowers for 16 hrs a week,,pulled 7 gang commercial Jacobsen fairway units that cut 15ft 6" wide...and plowed with the dozer blade.We have a custom made spade bit we drag thru the ground and the Steiner can pull with the same authority as a sub compact 4wd tractor in the 18-26 hp range.Ive drug entire trees out of the woods in the 40-60 ft range with the steiner,it's power for its size and agility are second to none,simply run it in low range and it'll pull more than you can comfortably control.If you were worried about the contact patch Id run duals on the rear,problem solved....also run the mower deck for front weight and it'll pull almost anything.

/ Three point hitch #22  
I have 26 yrs of experience on Steiners and a few on Ventracs,and It is my option that you have none whatsoever and no reason to even reply to this question.If you think a Steiner or Ventrac is belt driven you obviously have never owned one 50 hrs or more and had to grease the heavy duty driveshaft that connects the engine to the pump. Speculating what you think isn't fair to the OP, who may actually listen to you when they shouldn't be.Any Steiner or Ventrac will yank and tug with the best of them,while I've never drug a disc thru the ground,I've pulled thousands of feet of irrigation line,pulled 2500 lbs in mowers for 16 hrs a week,,pulled 7 gang commercial Jacobsen fairway units that cut 15ft 6" wide...and plowed with the dozer blade.We have a custom made spade bit we drag thru the ground and the Steiner can pull with the same authority as a sub compact 4wd tractor in the 18-26 hp range.Ive drug entire trees out of the woods in the 40-60 ft range with the steiner,it's power for its size and agility are second to none,simply run it in low range and it'll pull more than you can comfortably control.If you were worried about the contact patch Id run duals on the rear,problem solved....also run the mower deck for front weight and it'll pull almost anything.

I have a stone rake that i pull with three point, And a single garden plow that I pull with my ventrac with no problem. 3pt. was $1700.00