VENTRAC OWNERS' MANUAL REVISIONS

/ VENTRAC OWNERS' MANUAL REVISIONS #1  

prs

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 650, Ventrac 4500Z AJ02248
In another thread mention was made of revisions to the manuals for 4500 series tractors. I noticed today, that as of 01/29/2016 the manual is again revised.

prs

/ VENTRAC OWNERS' MANUAL REVISIONS #2  
And?...

/ VENTRAC OWNERS' MANUAL REVISIONS #3  
When they revise or update a manual it is posted on their website with a date and revision number. When I need to refer to a manual I go directly to the website. Paper becomes obsolete, but the web version doesn't.

/ VENTRAC OWNERS' MANUAL REVISIONS #4  
When they revise or update a manual it is posted on their website with a date and revision number. When I need to refer to a manual I go directly to the website. Paper becomes obsolete, but the web version doesn't.

But how do you know what was revised? Read the whole book?

/ VENTRAC OWNERS' MANUAL REVISIONS #5  
What a concept, reading a WHOLE book - you can do it murph!:shocked::laughing:
One page at a time....

/ VENTRAC OWNERS' MANUAL REVISIONS #6  

I love how Ventrac has all there manuals online,however in this case,IF a revision is made that affects the service intervals ,or maintenance schedule , shouldn't the affected owners be notified by mail,phone or email? Changing the filter change interval was done because field feedback indicated it needed to be changed...this is kind of important considering what these machines cost to buy,and repair,,and what can happen if It plugs solid on a 30 degree hillside,, it would be the right thing to do,In my humble opinion.

/ VENTRAC OWNERS' MANUAL REVISIONS #7  
What a concept, reading a WHOLE book - you can do it murph!:shocked::laughing:
One page at a time....

CM you can be such a idiot at times. I am sick of your snarky comments.

/ VENTRAC OWNERS' MANUAL REVISIONS #8  
I love how Ventrac has all there manuals online,however in this case,IF a revision is made that affects the service intervals ,or maintenance schedule , shouldn't the affected owners be notified by mail,phone or email? Changing the filter change interval was done because field feedback indicated it needed to be changed...this is kind of important considering what these machines cost to buy,and repair,,and what can happen if It plugs solid on a 30 degree hillside,, it would be the right thing to do,In my humble opinion.

I agree, its better than playing a game of guess the revision..

/ VENTRAC OWNERS' MANUAL REVISIONS
This site says my token has expired, whatever that means. I have tried several time to post the rest of the story:

I have noticed yet another revision of 4500Z tractors, this one dated late January 2016. Strange, the other versions of 4500 are not listed on the cover of that new revision as they were previously. I also did not notice the download files for the other versions on the site.

A quick glance and I notice the service schedule for hydraulic filters and oil has again been changed. Filters are now to be replaced at 100, 500, and 1,500 hours. After that, I suppose we are left to an educated guess: Are we to change every 1,000 hours there after or yearly as noted in my hard copy manual of 1/14/14?

Another revision in this last update will be more expensive. Hydraulic fluid changes “require” authorized dealer service so that the system can be filtered to protect the motors and pumps. According to my 1/14/14 manual that was set to be at 2,000 hours or 5 years. Well, now it is 500, 1,500 and then; well, there is that educated guess again. Will it be every 2,000 hours or 5 years there after?

Ventrac (Venture) almost certainly is doing the right thing, making prudent changes as experiences are dictating as necessary to meet needs. It is understandable that with a relatively new model of equipment some changes in expectations are to be encountered. However, they need to assure owners of 4500 units, purchased under the terms stated at point of sale, that the warranty will be honored even if the older schedule is followed by the owner. Many of those owners will probably be unaware of the changes unless so notified. Venture probably would be in good faith if they were to explain the reasons for the changes so that owners of previous units could make an informed decision about adopting the updated schedule(s) or not.

Perhaps following the original schedule(s) will result in the majority of units surviving to and beyond the warranty period, yet failing prematurely there after at great expense.

/ VENTRAC OWNERS' MANUAL REVISIONS
But how do you know what was revised? Read the whole book?

Fair question. I first went to the service schedule and looked for entries that changed, such being the hydraulic oil filter change. I then reviewed the schedule in the version I had last down loaded and noticed the hydraulic oil changes.

I sure could be wrong, but I would not expect operating changes. May be some safety section changes, but I did not look. I did look to see if there might be a change regarding the instruction to grease the universal joint form the RIGHT. I was unable to access them from the right, but had it done from the LEFT pdq. No change, they still say do it from the right. I also looked for tire pressure changes for duals, but still the same.

prs

PS I notice they have all the 4500 variants listed now in separate downloads.

Last edited: