450cause the seat to lower enough that 0P 50hr service and evaluation

/ 450cause the seat to lower enough that 0P 50hr service and evaluation #11  
My neighbor now has the 45000P also - after he turned over his New Holland SCUT - His wife told him he was getting a Ventrac.

A fellow who cuts lawns around here told me the other day that a 32-year old guy who used to help the lawn cutter with tree work and other tasks was using a sero-turn mower to mow grass over in Westminster, Maryland. The property had a pond on it. The pond had a steep bank. The zero-turn mower flipped and went into the pond, with the operator buckled in and now on the bottom. The operator drowned.

I have read that zero-turns can be deadly on hills.

Your neighbor should be grateful that he walked away and that his wife made him buy a Ventrac.

/ 450cause the seat to lower enough that 0P 50hr service and evaluation
A friend of mine sent me a picture Saturday of his 76 yr old father in law's small lawn tractor on its side. He ended up with some missing skin on his foot and leg. It could have been way worse. In his text he said "Looks like we need a Ventrac". I will take my 4500P over and finish that area for him and give him a demo. Really happy things didn't turn out worse.
I have mowed my property for over 30yrs with a JD F-1145 (4wd, 72" front mount mower). To many times I've had to pull it up away from the pond, or drove down a slope and not been able to back up it. Never had anything close to a rollover but a wheel off the ground once in awhile. Since I've purchased the 4500P with the digital slope meter I've found a lot of my slopes exceed 20 degrees with the steepest one about 27-28 degrees. I was always riding the fender on the JD with one foot over the side ready to jump off if it started to rollover. Now with the Ventrac I can do all my areas comfortably and most importantly, safely. I wish I had known about Ventrac 30 yrs ago.
I think zero turns are great mowing units for flat ground but have no business on slopes. It is very sad to hear of people injured or killed in mowing accidents trying to mow areas their equipment really isn't capable of doing. I spent30yrs doing that and was very lucky not to have any injuries to show for it.
Mike

/ 450cause the seat to lower enough that 0P 50hr service and evaluation #13  
I demoed Dixie Chopper about 12 years ago. The dealer's guy took first turn on one of my two steep fields. He came right back to where I waited and was white as a sheet. "That is too steep for anything!" He thought I was nuts when I told him I have mowed it for years, first with an IH 424 tractor and hog, then with a Gravely 812, then a JD 650. The Ventrac is the best (safest) for the job I have used yet.

prs