4500P

/ 4500P #1  

johara1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4500P
How does the engine hold up compared to the other liquid gas engine? I see where Fd 851D is rated for 30 degrees where the others are down at 20 degrees?. jim

/ 4500P #2  
Can't really give a comparison between engines since I only have limited experience with Ventrac. I purchased a 4500P new in April, 2016. I have about 150hrs on it now. I chose the 4500P, equipped with the Kawasaki digital fuel injected engine because it is rated for continuous operation on 30 degree slopes. So far I could not be more impressed with this unit.

/ 4500P
This why i ask, i have some steep hills. The little extra cushion of 30 degrees is nice. Enough power to run a 72" mower up hill? ……. jim

/ 4500P #4  
Jim, it has plenty of power. I have the 72" side discharge deck with mulch kit installed. I have up to 28 degree slopes and this combination works with no issues.

/ 4500P
Do you have any heating problems , like the other ones blocking the radiator ? …. jim

/ 4500P #6  
No overheating issues. I do take my backpack blower and clean all dust, grass, etc off everything after every mowing and also remove radiator screen and blow it out also. Never really accumulates much debris but I am kinda ocd about cleaning, washing and maintenance. These things cost a small fortune and I want it to last and perform as well as possible. I even scrape the underside of the deck after every mowing. I mow 10+ acres weekly. The flip up deck design makes cleaning a breeze. Do it immediately after mowing before the clippings dry and it is about 10min job.

/ 4500P #7  
Some of my sloes exceed 30 degrees and mine is the Kubota gasoline model. The Diesel and Kubota gas engines are OK on these slopes so long as the duty is not continuous for fairly long periods without going back to 20 or changing the direction of the slope. In excess of 20 degrees, my longest linear run is probably only a hundred yards or so, no big deal. It pushes and pull the 84" mower well up/down all around. But, the REAR discharge mowers are the ones that require frequent clearing of the radiator screen.

prs

/ 4500P
Thanks, for all the help, i have been kicking around the 4500P. Now the hard part $$$$….. lol ..jim

/ 4500P #9  
Go for it Jim. I have been mowing my property with 4wd equip for the past 28yrs, sitting on uphill side fender to keep from rolling over. Sliding down to the edge of my fishing hole where I would have to hook chains up and pull uphill with my truck or the other JD 4wd tractor. I love my JD equip and still have it, but it does not compare to the Ventrac for mowing or doing anything on slopes. For the first time in 28yrs I feel safe operating equip on my property. Wish I had purchased a Ventrac many yrs ago. Yes, they are expensive, but what isn't? Consider your safety and what risk you take whenever you climb aboard your equip. That is what I did and that is when I said bring me a 4500P. I'm amazed every time I use it, and my property has never looked this good. Go for it Jim, you won't be disappointed.
Mike

/ 4500P
Well i bit the bullet today, 4500P should be coming up the drive way today………. LOl…. jim