LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE

/ LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE #11  
I would have to have a separate gun for my backhoe if I used the lock n lube. I can barely fit a standard nipple between the backhoe swing pinions. My farmers co-op had one that was the same length as a standard hose nipple but pricey at IIRC $35. I seem to recall it being made in Canada but now I cant remember the name. I guess the next time I go there, I will bite the bullet and lets some of the moths out of my wallet.

I have the same problem with my hoe. I've considered adding something to wrap those zerks around to make them more accessible. Some grease whips maybe. Although they say they are only good for use on hand grease guns. Maybe some rigid tubing of some sort. It always try to remember to grease them with the backhoe sitting on the dolly so they get a good dose.

/ LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE #12  
You don't need separate gun, just buy a 1/8 inch NPT zerk and screw it into the old coupler that you are using now. Lock onto it with the LockNLube and hold it into those places.

image_resize.jpg

download (1).jpg

I made an extender from the pipe that I removed from the lever gun:

P7150002.JPG

/ LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE #13  
Front universal on the Ventrac... I grease it with a hose threaded through the hydraulic hoses, just like the manual says... EXCEPT....

To get the hose on the fitting I grab it with a pair of pliers and push it on...

How to do I get the pliers on? I do it when I change the oil and grease it with the oil filter off so I can get my big fat hands in there........

Mark

/ LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE
The lock on coupler looks great and generally gets high reviews, but on the Ventrac the hand space to get a coupler onto the zerk for the front drive shaft universal is so very limited that I am not sure I could operate the thumb lever.

There is one on my contour mower deck that barely clears for coupling with the smallest diameter zerk coupler I could find and even at that it is tilted. Sometimes smaller is better.

prs

/ LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE
The DeWalt long hose and coupler came in today, but its fitting is slightly larger than any of the three guns I have. So, I can shop for a conversion fitting or re-tap the the opening in one of the guns.

prs