LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE

/ LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE #1  

prs

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 650, Ventrac 4500Z AJ02248
DeWalt makes a super powered rechargeable battery powered grease gun, 10,000# max pressure! Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh! ;-)

But that is overkill and it comes with a hefty price tag. The main feature I notice that could help those of us with the 4500 is the 42" hose. Now, that would get us in there with slack to spare to reach the two universal joints (well, the rear one is easy anyway) and to contort around the front tires to reach the front lift pivots and to reach forward from the left side to get the front zerk on the steering cylinder end joint. There are similar ones sold, but this one seems to be better built and longer. So I went to the DeWalt site to find the part number DCGG703-42. The description even suggests it will fit most grease guns as a replacement. DeWalt even provided local and online vendors such as some Lowe's and Amazon. It is still a little pricey, $32.50 including delivery two days with Prime, but I took the bait and ordered. I will follow-up when I get it to report if it fits any or all of my lever or pistol grip grease guns and if it is as well made as it looks. I have a service interval coming up again soon.

prs

Last edited:
   / LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE #3  
I think someone said they made up a long one with hydraulic hose, don't remember him mentioning what it cost.

/ LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE #4  
I've made a longer one from short ones plus a 1/4 inch couplings.

Bruce

/ LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE #5  
Oh, duh. I thought you were referring to the battery operated grease gun for $32.50. I caught up now. It was late when I read that.

/ LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE #8  
Now you need to put a LockNLube coupler on that long hose: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/oil-fuel-lubricants/304889-locknlube-cupler-grease-gun.html

LNL-Grease-Coupler.png

I put a hose on my lever gun, works great, lock the coupler on, then use both hands on the grease gun. :thumbsup:

P3070007.JPG

/ LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE #9  
Now you need to put a LockNLube coupler on that long hose: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/oil-fuel-lubricants/304889-locknlube-cupler-grease-gun.html

View attachment 486226

I put a hose on my lever gun, works great, lock the coupler on, then use both hands on the grease gun. :thumbsup:

View attachment 486228

I just got one of those for my expensive DeWalt grease gun referred to here. It really is the ticket. Pricey for what it is but well worth if for what it does.

/ LONGER GREASE GUN HOSE #10  
I would have to have a separate gun for my backhoe if I used the lock n lube. I can barely fit a standard nipple between the backhoe swing pinions. My farmers co-op had one that was the same length as a standard hose nipple but pricey at IIRC $35. I seem to recall it being made in Canada but now I cant remember the name. I guess the next time I go there, I will bite the bullet and lets some of the moths out of my wallet.