New Toolbox

/ New Toolbox #1  

JackIL

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4500
I have installed a BXpanded ROPS mount toolbox (their Configuration A) on my 4500Z.

ROPS Mounted Tool Box

It has plenty of space, does not interfere with the operator's view to the left, does not interfere with the left arm rest, and does not interfere with access to the fuel cap. I did have to use longer carriage bolts (5/16 x 3) than those provided in the kit.

Attachments

• IMG_1161.jpg
    IMG_1161.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,866
   / New Toolbox #2  
Jack, good find! I really like that. Is yours the "A" configuration? Is it in your way at all when getting in or out of driver's seat? Now that you have it, would you change the configuration to be outside of ROPS upright or did you get it right the first time lol.

prs

/ New Toolbox
It is the A configuration. Toolbox does not impede getting on or off. (See photo). Mounting outside of ROPS not practical since that would place the toolbox directly over the fuel cap.

Attachments

• IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 584
   / New Toolbox #4  
PM sent to you Jack.

/ New Toolbox #5  
I ordered the A kit. Thanks again Jack! It will be handy for sure.

prs

/ New Toolbox #6  
I have installed a BXpanded ROPS mount toolbox (their Configuration A) on my 4500Z.

ROPS Mounted Tool Box

It has plenty of space, does not interfere with the operator's view to the left, does not interfere with the left arm rest, and does not interfere with access to the fuel cap. I did have to use longer carriage bolts (5/16 x 3) than those provided in the kit.
Nice I might get a couple for my machine.

/ New Toolbox #7  
My "A" model arrived Friday afternoon and I installed this afternoon. I did exactly as Jack showed and this will work out well for a storage area that is cleaner and drier than the side box provided by Ventrac. I had picked-up 4 carriage bolts 3" long already, but when I opened the box it had two sets of carriage bolts in it, the shorter ones and some long ones too. Easy to install and well out of the way.

prs

/ New Toolbox
The short bolts in the kit I received were a half inch too short, so I purchased the 3 inch size. Maybe they sent the wrong ones to me.

/ New Toolbox #9  
I was unclear. The shorter bolts in my kit were also too short. The longer ones were too long, but Mr. SawsAll made brief work of that for a nice flush fit after tightening. Jack, thanks again for the keen idea!

prs

/ New Toolbox #10  
One problem that has cropped-up is that when working in and around trees or brush, the tool box bracket can be bent and also the box can be pulled free of the metal frame. A small inconvenience.