Default Steiner & Ventrac implements : interchangable?????

I recently bought a Ventrac 3000 and am curious if anyone knows if the implements for a VENTRAC can be interchanged with the implements for a STEINER?

Every once in a while I see pretty good deals for Steiner implements on Ebay. It is not so much that I need the implements, but being a guy who believes that "the one who dies with the most toys wins" I just can't help myself if I see a good deal.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ventrac 4500

Default Re: Steiner & Ventrac implements : interchangable?????

Bob,

Steiner and Ventrac hitch dimensions are compatable so most attachments will at least connect. That doesn't mean that they can necessarily be raised and lowered throughout the entire range without the possibility of mechanical interference.

The PTO drive pulleys align on Steiners and Large-Frame Ventracs, but I don't know about the Small-Frame Ventracs. I suspect not given that the Ventrac brochure shows separate powered attachments for the 3000 as compared to the 4000 series.

I use several Steiner attachments on my Ventrac 4200 without difficulty. All of the drive belts had to be changed and some required slight rerouting of the hydraulic lines.

JackIL

I figured any PTO pulley driven implements would not switch over to my little Ventrac, but I figured the hydraulic ones might be able to (with the possibility of some hose modifications), as long as the front hitches were the same.

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

My understanding is that lifting the implements is the problem. The ventrac is wider in the front end. The factory guys said about half the implements will work properly.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 790, Steiner 230, IH 340U, Farmall Super C, Farmall C, IH Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse 8.75

I don't see no problems in matching equipment as hitch/belt arrangement is the same for
    both brands or tractors... I'm running a Ventrac Snow blower on a Steiner 230 turf tractor...

See attachment...

RJK Sr (Richard)
    West Michigan
    Attached Images Attached Images