Ventrac 3400Y

/ Ventrac 3400Y #1  

DHD

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I am looking for an additional tractor (about 25 HP) for snow blowing and mowing,
and was considering a Ventrac 3400Y but it appears the 4500 series Ventrac is more popular.

I currently have a Kubota B7800 with cab and a 64" rear mount snow blower that I've been using as my sole snow removal unit since 2005, and plan to use it for many more years.
This past year my snow blowing area has doubled and so I'm currently looking for an additional snow blowing platform, this one being a front mount unit that my wife can operate.

Our lawn mowing is presently being done with two Husqvarna R322T AWD with 42" mulching decks.
We have hilly areas of lawn and these two articulating AWD front mount mowers have been great because of their stability on the slopes of our lawn, maneuverability, and we love the front mount flip up mower deck for ease of maintenance.
Even though these two R322T mowers are presently serving us well, one mower unit with a larger mowing deck is all we really require and it would be a better fit.

I've been think the Ventrac 3400Y might be a good choice for our snow blowing and mowing requirements.
I've tried to find reviews of the Ventrac 3400Y series but there doesn't seem to be much info.
Ventrac 4500 series machines seem to be much more popular on this forum than any of the 3400 series units.

Why are the Ventrac 4500 series more popular than the Ventac 3400 series ?
What short comings does the 3400 series have ?
Would the Ventarc 3400Y be a good fit for my situation, based on the above information ?
Would a Ventarc 4500 series platform be a better fit ?

/ Ventrac 3400Y #2  
I am looking for an additional tractor (about 25 HP) for snow blowing and mowing,
and was considering a Ventrac 3400Y but it appears the 4500 series Ventrac is more popular.

I currently have a Kubota B7800 with cab and a 64" rear mount snow blower that I've been using as my sole snow removal unit since 2005, and plan to use it for many more years.
This past year my snow blowing area has doubled and so I'm currently looking for an additional snow blowing platform, this one being a front mount unit that my wife can operate.

Our lawn mowing is presently being done with two Husqvarna R322T AWD with 42" mulching decks.
We have hilly areas of lawn and these two articulating AWD front mount mowers have been great because of their stability on the slopes of our lawn, maneuverability, and we love the front mount flip up mower deck for ease of maintenance.
Even though these two R322T mowers are presently serving us well, one mower unit with a larger mowing deck is all we really require and it would be a better fit.

I've been think the Ventrac 3400Y might be a good choice for our snow blowing and mowing requirements.
I've tried to find reviews of the Ventrac 3400Y series but there doesn't seem to be much info.
Ventrac 4500 series machines seem to be much more popular on this forum than any of the 3400 series units.

Why are the Ventrac 4500 series more popular than the Ventac 3400 series ?
What short comings does the 3400 series have ?
Would the Ventarc 3400Y be a good fit for my situation, based on the above information ?
Would a Ventarc 4500 series platform be a better fit ?

I had a 3100 gas with a 52" mower and it is a lot better to mow with engine is in the back where it should be instead of peeping a around the hood and adding weights in the rear to lift the deck. They are super plowing snow I had a 5' blade on it and I had a 4' bucket for it also.I think the Diesel engine will be a plus and they are a lot faster than the 4500 series around trees and shrubs and buildings..... Jim

/ Ventrac 3400Y #3  
My choice of 4500 was ability to safely operate on most of my slopes. I also selected an 84" mower and the tough cut. The smaller unit is probably a great machine, but not as a slope mower and not with larger mowers. I bet the smaller unit is a honey with snow removal and mowing up to a couple of acres.

prs

/ Ventrac 3400Y
It appears a new Ventrac either a 3400Y or 4500 series will not be an option as a second tractor for me.
I have visited my closest Ventrac dealer (54 miles away) twice in the last month only to find the person
I need to talk to about a new Ventrac is not available.
I've left my phone number both times, and have not been contacted by this Ventrac dealer either.
A Kubota BX series is probably a better choice for a second tractor in my situation, having had very good experience with my present 12 year old Kubota B7800, and equally good experience with my local Kubota dealership.

/ Ventrac 3400Y #5  
Then you run over the grass, before you mow it. The BX will never go places the 3400 will and it will not cut with it, nor as fast. The 4500 series is clumsy and is more limited as far as vision of what is going on in front. Less weight and they cut under fences shrubs where other will not. I will never go back to a belly mount ........ Jim

/ Ventrac 3400Y
Then you run over the grass, before you mow it. The BX will never go places the 3400 will and it will not cut with it, nor as fast. The 4500 series is clumsy and is more limited as far as vision of what is going on in front. Less weight and they cut under fences shrubs where other will not. I will never go back to a belly mount ........ Jim

I fully agree with your statement of the advantages the Ventrac has over the BX.
The problem is the Ventrac dealer I've attempted to communicate with, as I explained earlier.

/ Ventrac 3400Y #7  
I would call and ask to speak to the owner and explain to him what went down. That should get the ball rolling if not move on...... Jim