Capabilities of a Ventrac

/ Capabilities of a Ventrac #1  

Jaynen

Tractor
2010 Kubota RTV900
Im in need of a piece of equipment but not sure what machines are actually capable of. Im considering a subcompact tractor or ventrac. I have a 6x10 dump trailer with 5500lbs payload. So the subcompact is a tight fit.

1. Will a ventrac with the loader attachment fit?

2. Would a ventrac and loader attachement be able to pull hedges out. Some of the hedges could be 8ft tall.

3. Is there a backhoe attachment or a way that a driveway could be dug out 1ft down with a ventrac?

I understand there is a wide variety of machines specific to certain tasks but i need to stay in a tight budget and have year round use. Which an excavator seems to be out of the question.

/ Capabilities of a Ventrac #2  
Is there a reason you want a ventrac specifically? unless you are doing a bunch of turf-grass work in hilly terrain then you have many more options.

/ Capabilities of a Ventrac
What are some other options? Other than a subcompact which is still on the top if my list. Thanks

/ Capabilities of a Ventrac #4  
Im in need of a piece of equipment but not sure what machines are actually capable of. Im considering a subcompact tractor or ventrac. I have a 6x10 dump trailer with 5500lbs payload. So the subcompact is a tight fit.

1. Will a ventrac with the loader attachment fit?

2. Would a ventrac and loader attachement be able to pull hedges out. Some of the hedges could be 8ft tall.

3. Is there a backhoe attachment or a way that a driveway could be dug out 1ft down with a ventrac?

I understand there is a wide variety of machines specific to certain tasks but i need to stay in a tight budget and have year round use. Which an excavator seems to be out of the question.

It will fit on the trailer. A deep rooted 8 foot hedge would be difficult, but probably not impossible. The Ventrac has no backhoe capability. The Ventrac website has many videos with respect to the Ventrac attachments.

Good luck,
Bruce

/ Capabilities of a Ventrac #5  
I don't think Ventrac will work for you. They are a great mower and they get around good but their hydraulic are very weak and not suitable for real work. what all you want to do with it all the time once the hedges are out then what?....... Jim

/ Capabilities of a Ventrac #6  
Ventrac, Steiner and power-trac are good choices. Years ago around here there was a guy who made back hoe attachments for Ventrac and Steiner. It was an interesting concept that actually worked. You push down on it then back up with it. Power-trac has many type of attachments like that. What one gentleman said what are you going to do with it when those jobs are done?

/ Capabilities of a Ventrac #7  
I think you wouldn't be satisfied with the performance of the Ventrac removing 8ft tall shrubs , the loader is tall and the track narrow , I wouldn't think you would be happy with it doing that job. The only way I see you being happy is to get the slip scoup with grapple and the stump grinder , cut them down and grind the stump.Use the grapple to remove the hedge.

/ Capabilities of a Ventrac #8  
I think you wouldn't be satisfied with the performance of the Ventrac removing 8ft tall shrubs , the loader is tall and the track narrow , I wouldn't think you would be happy with it doing that job. The only way I see you being happy is to get the slip scoup with grapple and the stump grinder , cut them down and grind the stump.Use the grapple to remove the hedge.

This is about the only way the slip scoup with a grappler is ok and is a great tool to have but you may never use the grappler part again. the stump grinder is expensive for one job, see if your dealer will rent it. I did 10 stumps and took it back the next day. plus you need a chain saw... Jim