Kubota Gas vs Kubota Diesel engine option

/ Kubota Gas vs Kubota Diesel engine option #21  
Actually this gasser is an older design, tried and proven, and carbureted. If they change to injection they lose the propane option. It may be possible to inject liquid propane, but that would be a diesel option. I would not mind losing the option for propane, a speculate very few people really do that with oil at $50.00/barrel. The only problem I see with the current carb engine regarding service is that the carb is hard to get to if the bowl needs to be drained and cleaned or re-kitted.

prs

/ Kubota Gas vs Kubota Diesel engine option #22  
Actually this gasser is an older design, tried and proven, and carbureted. If they change to injection they lose the propane option. It may be possible to inject liquid propane, but that would be a diesel option. I would not mind losing the option for propane, a speculate very few people really do that with oil at $50.00/barrel. The only problem I see with the current carb engine regarding service is that the carb is hard to get to if the bowl needs to be drained and cleaned or re-kitted.

prs

A whole new carb is cheap compared to servicing injectors .

/ Kubota Gas vs Kubota Diesel engine option #23  
the 4500P burns .1 gal. an hour more than the diesel and with gas being less per gal. it is a wash. It has more torque than the diesel and more HP. and will run on steeper slopes, no choke and is fuel injected. I run it at 3000 best I could get out of it was 3100........ Jim

/ Kubota Gas vs Kubota Diesel engine option #24  
the 4500P burns .1 gal. an hour more than the diesel and with gas being less per gal. it is a wash. It has more torque than the diesel and more HP. and will run on steeper slopes, no choke and is fuel injected. I run it at 3000 best I could get out of it was 3100........ Jim
Unless I was lied to by the couple owners I talked to, that own the gas version, it burns a lot more than .1 gallon per hr. more than the diesel in actual use!

AND it just isn't true that gas is cheaper than diesel, AT LEAST not every place it isn't! Today gas was 20 cents more a gallon than diesel where "I" buy much of my fuel.

Again, I don't believe the BS about gas motors starting better than a "modern" diesel in cold weather either...

AT LEAST none of my gas motors start better than my modern diesels and it goes below zero F here in the winter.

SR

/ Kubota Gas vs Kubota Diesel engine option
The 4500P (kawasaki) burns 1.2 gph, 4500Y (kubota diesel) burns 1.1gph, and 4500Z (kubota gas) 1.5gph.

The Kawasaki offers continuous operation on slopes instead of a duty cycle, but it only has a 30amp alternator. You cannot later add a cab with only a 30amp alternator. Either kubota has a 60amp alternator.

btw, on-road diesel is usually less expensive than gas in my area. Off-road diesel would be significantly cheaper as the road tax is not included. I do have diesel storage at the property but have not put it in service yet.

/ Kubota Gas vs Kubota Diesel engine option #26  
The 4500P (kawasaki) burns 1.2 gph, 4500Y (kubota diesel) burns 1.1gph, and 4500Z (kubota gas) 1.5gph.

The Kawasaki offers continuous operation on slopes instead of a duty cycle, but it only has a 30amp alternator. You cannot later add a cab with only a 30amp alternator. Either kubota has a 60amp alternator.

btw, on-road diesel is usually less expensive than gas in my area. Off-road diesel would be significantly cheaper as the road tax is not included. I do have diesel storage at the property but have not put it in service yet.

I would hold off anything for the moment. They are releasing a new tractor. There was a teaser today and it should be unveiled tomorrow. I don't know what it is but might be something better than what's available. Or maybe not. Will find out tomorrow.

/ Kubota Gas vs Kubota Diesel engine option
It's a stand up mower ....

/ Kubota Gas vs Kubota Diesel engine option #28  
If the gas and diesel engines were similar size, I would say the gas will use 65% more fuel. You're looking at larger gas compared to the diesel, and I'd bet it would be closer to 75% more fuel used in the gas. Of course you would be getting more power with the gas engine too.

/ Kubota Gas vs Kubota Diesel engine option #29  
If the gas and diesel engines were similar size, I would say the gas will use 65% more fuel. You're looking at larger gas compared to the diesel, and I'd bet it would be closer to 75% more fuel used in the gas. Of course you would be getting more power with the gas engine too.
. How are you obtaining numbers as such ?

/ Kubota Gas vs Kubota Diesel engine option #30  
Grasshopper offers a couple of the Kubota diesels, some air cooled gas engines, and the larger Kubota liquid cooled gas. They use both engines the OP is looking at. They have estimates and calculators on their site comparing gas to diesel engines, which should be unbiased since they sell both.