Steiner 430, Poor Lift Height With 72" FlipUp Mower

/ Steiner 430, Poor Lift Height With 72" FlipUp Mower #1  

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
I recently traded a 60" SD mower (I wasn't using) for a 72" mower.

Now, certainly lift height have never been Steiner strong points but this mower barely leaves the ground. Driving up a washed out road will have the rear roller bouncing over stones.

Is this normal?

It seems that the lifting frame is not ridged but flexes. In fact, it was cracked and I had to repair it when I got it. This flexible plate seems to make lifting height worse.

Yesterday, when I washed the mower, I noticed one bearing housing for the roller had worn through to reveal the bearing.

FULL HEIGHT!

DSC04626.JPGDSC04627.JPGDSC04628.JPG

Thanks for the input and thoughts.

/ Steiner 430, Poor Lift Height With 72" FlipUp Mower
DSC04629.JPG

Picture of rear roller bearing housing. I didn't do this, but don't understand how this can happen? Must have been dragging in dirt or sand, but the roller shouldn't allow this to happen. Weird! Like someone took a grinder to it.

Last edited:
   / Steiner 430, Poor Lift Height With 72" FlipUp Mower #3  
Or did a lot of mowing with that on top of a concrete walk....... Jim

/ Steiner 430, Poor Lift Height With 72" FlipUp Mower #4  
The pics look like it is set super high with the roller that low...... Jim

/ Steiner 430, Poor Lift Height With 72" FlipUp Mower
The concrete curb or sidewalk thought makes perfect sense. That would sure grind it off in a hurry.

I think the mower was set about mid way. It actually doesn't go very high for cutting off the beaten path.

Last edited: