Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500Z

/ Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500Z #1  

Gino48

Tractor
Ventrac 4500Z
I recently bought a Ventrac 4500Z with 32.5 hp engine, but am suffering buyers remorse and wonder if I should have bought the new Steiner 450 with the 37hp EFI. Do any of yo have experience with the new 450? It is really nice looking machine, but has a very jerky operation, when going from forward to reverse, at least that is what I observed.

/ Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500Z #2  
I have Ventrac 4500Y? Diesel..... 25HP no problems with power in Southern WV... If you look at my posts you will find a post where I compared my brothers Steiner and my Ventrac.... Definite quality issues on the side of Steiner, not to mention ergonomics as far as operating position and controls. There is no way you'd get me to buy Steiner. The jerking, his started doing that about 150 hours. Release the controls and instead of coming to a smooth stop, it just lurched to a stop. His dealer told him it was "normal". I told him to find another dealer. He's looking for a solution now...

You can't go wrong buying a Ventrac. Enjoy it.

/ Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500Z #3  
Geno, are ya talking about Moundsville, WV? Welcome!

Have you run into situations were you are engine power challenged? I could wish for more steering power and stronger hydraulic lift, but engine power and putting power to ground have not been lacking and I push the bit 7 foot contour mower around very steep slopes. Instead of Steiner, maybe you could research the PowerTrack site here. They are not perfect either, but I think you can get BIG power.

/ Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500Z
I have Ventrac 4500Y? Diesel..... 25HP no problems with power in Southern WV... If you look at my posts you will find a post where I compared my brothers Steiner and my Ventrac.... Definite quality issues on the side of Steiner, not to mention ergonomics as far as operating position and controls. There is no way you'd get me to buy Steiner. The jerking, his started doing that about 150 hours. Release the controls and instead of coming to a smooth stop, it just lurched to a stop. His dealer told him it was "normal". I told him to find another dealer. He's looking for a solution now...

You can't go wrong buying a Ventrac. Enjoy it.

Thanks for your input.

/ Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500Z #5  
I think I would look at a steiner, I had one and the only problem I had the engine would not work steep as I wanted. power size it would put the Ventrac to shame. The extra pump is the difference, plus the weight transfer that can adjusted on the move. it is truly a more powerful machine. ....jim.

/ Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500Z
Geno, are ya talking about Moundsville, WV? Welcome!

Have you run into situations were you are engine power challenged? I could wish for more steering power and stronger hydraulic lift, but engine power and putting power to ground have not been lacking and I push the bit 7 foot contour mower around very steep slopes. Instead of Steiner, maybe you could research the PowerTrack site here. They are not perfect either, but I think you can get BIG power.

I have only used the 4500Z for snow blowing. I have only had the machine for 2 weeks.
Gene

/ Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500Z #7  
Oh, so you already have made your choice. I think you have made a good one.

/ Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500Z #8  
I have been researching the Ventrac 4500 for quite some time - have found a few really good reviews - the single comment of "you can't go wrong buying a Ventrac" is just exactly what I have been needing to hear - I keep saying a it is just what I need....

Last edited: