The sickle bar mower ...

/ The sickle bar mower ... #1  

prs

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 650, Ventrac 4500Z AJ02248
... is expensive. The closest dealer quotes about 14,000 with additional cast weights, second front hydraulic set-up plus WV tax. That is way more than the contour mower, my current most spendy attachment. I believe the MSRP is over 14 grand without the weights and second hydraulic or tax... Youse guys might want to check your dealer to see if I am correct.

prs

PS: Most of my money was spent on motorcycles, females, and booze. The rest, I just wasted.

Last edited:
   / The sickle bar mower ... #2  
... is expensive. The closest dealer quotes about 14,000 with additional cast weights, second front hydraulic set-up plus WV tax. That is way more than the contour mower, my current most spendy attachment. I believe the MSRP is over 14 grand without the weights and second hydraulic or tax... Youse guys might want to check your dealer to see if I am correct.

prs

I've seen the same. Last I saw was $14900 for everything. I already have the dual hydraulics but there is no way I'm spending that much on that mower. I would really like to have it but not at that price.

/ The sickle bar mower ... #3  
WOW - that is crazy expensive! It looks nice but not for that price!
Should come with a guy to run it for that price!

/ The sickle bar mower ... #4  
I have a horse drawn McCormick-Deering #7 on steel wheels, with a seized bar you can have for a grand IF you are foolish enough to shell out 14 G's for a new one.
You pay the freight, too.:D

/ The sickle bar mower ... #5  
That is out of sight. I remember when you could buy a new 2020 John Deere with a 3 bottom mounted plow for less than half that....... it is getting out of hand for sure....... jim