Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ventrac with Steiner Chipper Shredder

I am interested on a trailer with a dump capacity for my Ventrac. Does anyone have any suggestions

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ventrac 4500

David,

If you are looking for a hydraulic dump trailer this is what I use. The tandem axle allows the trailer to "walk" over bumps and dips. It is rated at 2 tons capacity by the manufacturer, Country Manufacturing www.countrymfg.com. The hydraulic cylinder (24 inch stroke) is not included, but it is a standard agricultural unit available from Northern, Farm and Fleet, etc. The lugs to attach the cylinder are already welded into place on the bed and frame. The jackstand is included.

Price if you order directly from Country Manufacturing is about $1200, but that includes shipping to any freight terminal in the country. It is also available from Northern.

If you order your Ventrac with a 3 point hitch, it also includes a set of rear hydraulic outlets and control valve. If you don't need the 3 point hitch, you can still order a set of rear outlets.

JackIL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota F-2880

Jack,

Thanks for the responce regarding the belt vs hyd drive... I have sort of been looking for a suitable chipper to hook up to my PT 1845 to take to the slash rather than take the slash to a chipper on the road.

There are a couple of units for skid steers, but are bigger than I want. I may find a PTO or older engine driven model that I can rig up with a hyd motor some day.

Nice dump trailer, by the way...

Rip

Tractor
    2004 Power Trac PT-425

My 16 HP DR Chipper works very well up to 4". Never bogs down, and produces a nice clean chip without a lot of dust.

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota F-2880

Where I want to take a chipper, no trailer will ever go. I already have a BearCat trailer type with 20 HP Honda, but it would tip over before I got 100 yds into our forest. I might try to carry it in with the forks (only weighs about 800 lbs).

Other possibility is dismantle the "working end" and set it up with a hyd motor such that I could put it back to "original" configuration without much trouble.

Rip

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2010 John Deere 2520

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Skurka View Post
    Well it is nice to have another Ventrac owner on TBN. I think there are 3 of us now???
    I just started looking at these ventracs and I must admit they caught my interest

Tractor
    Ventrac 4231,Dixie Chopper XXWD5000

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Skurka View Post
    Well it is nice to have another Ventrac owner on TBN. I think there are 3 of us now???
    As of wednesday, Im a Ventrac owner.....i bought an older used machine a 2004 4200 with the 3 cylinder Vanguard 953G...Im realizing this engine is no longer supported,at all...I know emissions killed production of it,but theres not much out there for it ...
    Cat 246 SS,Homemade 35T log splitter,2004 Ventrac 4231G various attachments...2005 Dixie chopper XXWD5000, 2001 Dixie Chopper XW2500-60

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12