Outdoor storage of Ventrac 4500

/ Outdoor storage of Ventrac 4500 #1  

ace1400

Tractor
Kubota B8200
I am considering purchasing a Ventrac 4500 (P or Z) for slope mowing on our forest land here in the Pacific Northwest. I do not have a garage or enclosed area to store it in at this point. I do have a covered area (enclosed on two sides) under which to park it. Would this significantly impact the longevity and/or reliability of the machine? I do worry about mice etc making a home in the tractor over the winter, especially as I will not be using it for 4-5 months per year.

I could probably get a very small storage shed that would completely enclose it, if that is necessary. Thanks for any insight.

Ace

/ Outdoor storage of Ventrac 4500 #2  
The quality of construction of this equipment is very high, but it is not designed to be left outside. How about constructing a small shed on the property. Better still, get a trailer and haul it to your current home for garage or rental shed storage. Then take the tractor and mower to the forrest property only when you need to use it. I would not recommend outdoor storage for this high quality equipment.

/ Outdoor storage of Ventrac 4500 #3  
First.... at 2 dozen thousand dollars, I wouldn't leave it outside. Weather is one thing, it growing legs and going for a walk is another... Still if you must, I'd suggest covering it up too to help keep the weather off it.... We "shedded" tractors for generations with the back of the shed open, with no real bad results....

/ Outdoor storage of Ventrac 4500
Thank guys. I will plan on covering it.

Ace