Default Ventrac 3000 or 4100?

Does anyone out there plow snow with a Ventrac 3000 or 4100? I have about 600 feet of asphalt that is 16 feet wide to plow. I live close to Baltimore. We get about 6 snow storms a year that drop 3 to 6 inches, usually wet and about every 6 years we get a big one (12 to 20 inches).
    Can a 3000 get the job done with or should I seriously look at getting a 4100?
    Please let me know if you have any experience using either of these units.
    Thanks

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 790, Steiner 230, IH 340U, Farmall Super C, Farmall C, IH Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse 8.75

Default Re: Ventrac 3000 or 4100?

I don't have a Ventrac but am familiar with both tractors you mention.
    Being that they are both 4WD, I see no reason why they could not handle
    the snow you mention, especially on a hard driveway...

I personally would lean more towards the Ventrac 4100/4200, only because
    I think they are better looking and a little heavier.

Instead of a plow, I'd would look into a blower, but having a lot of wet snow
    I'd lean towards a two stage... I have a Ventrac blower I use with a Stiener
    turf tractor and the single stage will once in awhile plug the shut...

Stiener / Ventrac can both use the same attachments, the hitch an PTO are
    the same...

Richard
    West Michigan.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ventrac 4500

Default Re: Ventrac 3000 or 4100?

I blade snow with my Ventrac 4200 (31 hp) with no difficulty. I use a Steiner V-Blade which I used on a Steiner 430 before I got the Ventrac. As of last year Ventrac also offers a V-Blade. I find the V-Blade works exceptionally well. The position I use most is the Inverted V or Scoop. It is especially handy when working around buildings or confined areas where you don't always have a convenient place to push snow to the side. If you are going to get a blade, I highly recommend the V over the standard straight blade.

JackIL