MP4 Gopro Hero editing on Ipad2 imovie

/ MP4 Gopro Hero editing on Ipad2 imovie #1  

Timber

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I have created video with many different cameras over the years but the Gopro Hero is my favorite because of all the ways to mount the camera. The MP4 format is not the easiest to deal with at least in my experience. I have since bought an IPad2 and with the $5 iMovie app that all changed. I tripped over a tutorial I thought I would share. This is not me or my production but it was very well done and informative. I hope it helps you as much as it did me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Bx_x9K9SA&feature=youtube_gdata_player]How To Edit GoPro Hero HD Video On An iPad 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
   / MP4 Gopro Hero editing on Ipad2 imovie #2  
Looks easier than trying to do it with video from my Contour on a 1.5g dual processor and Win7. Ugh......

Most recent upload is:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHgZqUSe6UU]Why I ride - YouTube[/ame]

What do you use for a render output? I'm having a hard time finding the "perfect" format that is dvd friendly.

I use Vegas 9 for an editor. Pretty powerful, but memory intensive.

E

/ MP4 Gopro Hero editing on Ipad2 imovie
Wow that was a nice video, I completely enjoyed watching that. I was an air cooled VW guy when I was younger and did a lot of off roading with a rail and my 68 Baja. I also built several Dune Buggies. My wife would shoot me if I ever road my bike up the steps to the back deck.

I do all my gopro editing in IMovie. I have movie magic on my pc with Vista but for the gopro it has been less than user friendly. Rendering video in iMovie seems to be a perfect match as if 1 was designed with the other in mind. The iPad is clearly a slimmed down version of iMovie than on the iMac but it does a great job very quickly. I never burn DVDs so I can't help you there. I can watch anything I create on any device I have including my 64" TV that is connected to the net & has YouTube on it.

This is a video I did using my Gopro Hero end did all the editing on my iPad laying in bed in about 15 minutes when I 1st got my iPad. I have the iPad2 64 but I don't keep video on my iPad so it probably doesn't make any difference. This is the 1st video I ever did using the iPad to edit with.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJXjY1U6Q9g&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Cutting Trees Along The Rail - YouTube[/ame]

/ MP4 Gopro Hero editing on Ipad2 imovie #5  
I know you just sold me on needing a grapple. :D

What does the Hero format video in? .MOV? If so, that's part of the friendliness, MOV is an Apple created format, I belive. Nice compression with little loss of quality. None of the stuff that comes with WIN, that I have found, works for .MOV without converting, which always results in a lot of losses. I run the Vegas 9 for that reason, it will work with almost anything.

Thanks for the kudos on the video, that one, for being something I just whipped up after hearing the song, is one of my favorites and seems to hit home with anyone who has, or still is, riding.

The stairs did raise the eyebrows a little bit but I simply mentioned that I could start conforming with society any time she decided.....

Go to my channel in youtube and look for "KTMiBR". That is the full version, all the way up, to the opposite end of the house, and back out again. I should not be allowed to get bored. Of course, it was a great way to wake the Little One from his afternoon nap. He thought it was cool, and that's all that counts. :D

You did a nice job on that, I have watched it a few times now. Nice editing job, not to long & not to short. It is always in the editing that determines how entertaining a clip will be. Seems to me you nailed that one pretty good.