Tractor Accidents

/ Tractor Accidents #1  

MikeA57

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1510
My Uncle explains what happened to him when he tried to climb aboard his rolling tractor. He ended up with 96 broken bones and was out of commission for over a year. He's EXTREMELY lucky to be alive. If you listen he's still got a wheeze when he takes a deep breath. This is more a promotional video about the healthcare provider but it's still scary to think about what can happen in a split second!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgyHL9lZtIo]John Allgeier, a Farmers Story - YouTube[/ame]

/ Tractor Accidents #2  
Thanks for posting. Your Uncle was indeed lucky. At least he never gave up and surmounted many obstacles to be where he is today. I "Tip My Hat" to him.

/ Tractor Accidents #3  
That's a lot of broken bones!! He looks pretty darn healthy!

/ Tractor Accidents #5  
Indeed eye opener..thanks for sharing.

/ Tractor Accidents #6  
One of my uncles friends was driving a large John Deere with his dad holding on the step and they hit a bump and he fell off and half his body (from the legs up) got crushed, they immediately brought him to the hospital but ended up not making it, so I'm glad your uncle survived what happened to him

/ Tractor Accidents
One of my uncles friends was driving a large John Deere with his dad holding on the step and they hit a bump and he fell off and half his body (from the legs up) got crushed, they immediately brought him to the hospital but ended up not making it, so I'm glad your uncle survived what happened to him

Wow, my first job was working on the back of a garbage truck and one day after it rained we were backing down a tree covered lane. I kept getting showered on as the loader would brush the trees so I hopped off the truck and as the front step passed I stepped back on. The driver backed passed the street we needed to go down and as he made the turn we started going forward when the same thing happened to me as your Uncle's friend. We hit a bump and with my wet boots on, I slipped off the step and the front tire rolled over both my feet! I ended up with a cracked bone in the right foot but that was it. Never in all these years had I thought of the possibility of half of my body getting crushed in that situation, but I can see now that I was indeed very lucky to have escaped with the minor injuries I sustained. I guess that's why my brain just told me to keep hanging on and not to let go of the mirror...

/ Tractor Accidents #8  
Thanks, I had not thought of the problem with being mashed by the wheels, certainly do not want my foot broken. But it is the first impulse, when and if the tractor starts to roll, to run jump back aboard it..