Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Default Re: Don't Honk at Old People!

Bob ~ Priceless....I hope it really happened and was not just set up...
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    MASSEY 1020, CASE SC, FARMALL F12 and F20

That idiot deserved that. Hope he has fun paying the $2000 bill to replace the air bag.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" - Red Green

2013 TRACTOR CRUISE VIDEO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSNh8qmaus

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post

Hate to be a killjoy but I believe that most airbags deploy not under impact but from rapid deceleration. so it could very well be set up.

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Airbags deploy for both reasons, but if an airbag deployed because an old lady swung a grocery bag I think a big dog could bump into the car and cause it to go off.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    MASSEY 1020, CASE SC, FARMALL F12 and F20

Quote Originally Posted by newbury View Post
    Airbags deploy for both reasons, but if an airbag deployed because an old lady swung a grocery bag I think a big dog could bump into the car and cause it to go off.
    You never know what she had in the bag. Either way it is sure funny.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" - Red Green

2013 TRACTOR CRUISE VIDEO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSNh8qmaus

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Case IH 255, Gravely 8199G

There are several health care communities on the main road locally, and our roads are jammed with very senior drivers. Some can't even get going up to the 45mph speed limit and waver in the 35-40mph range.
    There are no places to pass. The backup gets longer, and longer. Finally the white haired ancient driving turns off into the nursing home, where they are visiting a friend.

Part of me wants to congratulate them on being in reasonably good physical shape to continue driving. Part of me wants to tell this person, if you can't drive the speed limit, then find a friend who can.
    The roads all used to be posted 5-10 mph higher, in the proverbial old days, but now the limits are safe for overloaded dump trucks and propane tankers. Which are sharing this road with grandpop.
    But honking at a pedestrian? Don't they shoot back in Texas?

Let's hope we can all grow old too. Really old. And when we can't drive the car anymore, well, we just keep going on the tractor.
    2012 Kubota L5740HSTC3 with FEL and Long grapple, 1986 Case IH 255, Land Pride PD10 PHD, Land Pride RCR60 & RCF2084 mowers, Land Pride 4' box blade and rear rake, Fred Cain subsoiler, County Line potato plow, County Line 1 bottom plow, 1986 Gravely 8199G with tow behind DR rototiller, 50" deck+40" Gravely wing mower, Gravely snowblower, Swisher 44 rough cut mower,Ariens snowblower, Echo 450-18 & 600-24, Echo PPT280, 2006 JD LX280, , 1968 Cub Cadet 125, Husky-Speeco 35 ton splitter

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Thanks for posting.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    There are several health care communities on the main road locally, and our roads are jammed with very senior drivers. Some can't even get going up to the 45mph speed limit and waver in the 35-40mph range.
    There are no places to pass. The backup gets longer, and longer. Finally the white haired ancient driving turns off into the nursing home, where they are visiting a friend.

Part of me wants to congratulate them on being in reasonably good physical shape to continue driving. Part of me wants to tell this person, if you can't drive the speed limit, then find a friend who can.
    The roads all used to be posted 5-10 mph higher, in the proverbial old days, but now the limits are safe for overloaded dump trucks and propane tankers. Which are sharing this road with grandpop.
    But honking at a pedestrian? Don't they shoot back in Texas?

Let's hope we can all grow old too. Really old. And when we can't drive the car anymore, well, we just keep going on the tractor.
    Dad told me when I started driving... Watch out for purple haired old ladies and little old men wearing fishing hats!!

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 2320

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    airbag looked fake to me.
    plus the passenger airbag never deployed.
    some don't without a person on the seat though.
    we test airbags and test airbag coatings at work. just didn't look real.
    My opinion thats all
    2012 JD 2320, HOMEMADE CANOPY, 54" FRONT BLADE, 54" MID DECK MOWER, HYDRAULIC ANGLE 60" REAR BLADE, QUICK HITCH, STAINLESS FRONT MOUNT SPRAY TANK W/BOOM, 200CX LOADER W/ 61" BUCKET, HOMEMADE BALLAST BOX,HOMEMADE BUCKET GRAPPLE
    1998 "BIG DOOLEY" Chevy K3500 Crew Cab (36.000 miles & counting)

United Steel Workers Union 12934

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast