White Pass & Yukon Railway

/ White Pass & Yukon Railway #2  
Cool... love the music.

/ White Pass & Yukon Railway #3  
It's an amazing ride with incredible scenery. The steam engines shown in most of your video are only used a few times a year for special trips, for the most part it is the green and yellow engines that do the runs several times a day. They also no longer go all the way to Whitehorse. The first slide in the pp presentation shows the station at the end of the normal run. You can either get off and board a bus to Whitehorse or do the return to Skagway Alaska. Most people are coming off cruise ships that dock in Skagway and they go up the mountain and then return. It's also a narrow gauge railroad.

/ White Pass & Yukon Railway #5  
Thanks for posting...great scenery and loved the pics of snow plow ops!

/ White Pass & Yukon Railway #6  
Did it as a cruise passenger in 2006. Great scenery.

Steve

/ White Pass & Yukon Railway #7  
Rode a bicycle from Skagway to the summit. From the highway you could see almost all of the Railway. Train was not running when I did this.

Quite a few years earlier had a chance to ride the train from Whitehorse to Skagway and back when it was operating as a train. Turned it down much to my regret now.:)

The ride coming down from the summit was something else. Kept passing cars and ore trucks.:D:cool2:

/ White Pass & Yukon Railway #8  
Nice post:thumbsup:

/ White Pass & Yukon Railway #9  
I thought the story of the 3000 + miles trans Siberian railroad building was interesting.

mark