Poor old Peterbilt.

/ Poor old Peterbilt. #2  
Whew.
Isn't there any way one can shut off the air intake? The air cleaners are accessible on the doors.

If you could somehow route exhaust into the air intake, it would shut the engine down very quickly, but you'd need the right hose connections, at the right time. Some kind of a Y hose from the exhaust to the intake would seem like a safety feature one could add to the engines.

/ Poor old Peterbilt. #3  
I've lost two turbos, each in a Dodge truck, luckily never had that happen.

/ Poor old Peterbilt. #4  
Have to laugh...

Guy that he was talking to on the phone must have been the owner... Kept telling him to go over and try and shut her down, lol. I wouldn't have opened the hood either buddy ;)

/ Poor old Peterbilt. #5  
Have to laugh...

Guy that he was talking to on the phone must have been the owner... Kept telling him to go over and try and shut her down, lol. I wouldn't have opened the hood either buddy ;)

I wouldn't have popped the hood either. If it had thrown a rod rather than seizing up, it would not have been pretty. Perhaps its time to install a remote air shutdown flapper in the air intake lines of their trucks?

Aaron Z

/ Poor old Peterbilt. #6  
We had a run away on a reach stacker at work and after feeble attempts to snuff it with what ever was near by they ended up shooting a large dry extinguisher down the intake.

That snuffed it.

/ Poor old Peterbilt. #7  
How about putting the trans in high gear and easing out on the clutch.

/ Poor old Peterbilt. #8  
I had a boom lift with an air cooled Deutz run away. I was able to pull the hose off the external air filter and jammed a rag in-that did it. I was told that it had a cracked ring and that allowed it pull motor oil in. Not sure I believed that but whatever. In anycase, it was not running at the RPMs that the Pete was running but still would not shut off.

/ Poor old Peterbilt. #9  
As I watched I kept hearing in my mind "Burning down the house"

/ Poor old Peterbilt. #10  
Oy. That was painful to watch.