Amazing wood chopper

/ Amazing wood chopper #3  
I'd really like to see the mechanism inside. Interesting.

/ Amazing wood chopper #4  
I'd really like to see the mechanism inside. Interesting.

It might look a little like this.

/ Amazing wood chopper #5  
Interesting would be useful if the length can be adjusted to 16-18"
Yep, needs longer length, who wants to feed a wood stove with 6" blocks + other than northern Canada where most of the trees are less than 8" in diameter with most being like shown it the video, where would you get all those little 4" saplings. I wonder how well it would chop hardwood as compared to that pine.

/ Amazing wood chopper #6  
It's cool. 12-14 inches and 4" diameter is ideal for my stove. What he is making would be great for cook stoves.

I have lots of maple and ash saplings with clear stems. If I could chop those that fast it would be great. I think the overall productivity would be low if someone had to de-branch the stems first.

/ Amazing wood chopper #7  
follow the videos down on the right on youtube there are better ones

/ Amazing wood chopper #8  
Another video showing the insides of one of the models.

R

/ Amazing wood chopper #9  
Thanks J_J. It looks like the length of wood cut is a function of the diameter of, and number of choppers on, the cutting wheels.

/ Amazing wood chopper #10  
According to the videos, the pto on those tractors turns counter clock wise.... I don't know how fast...
Even on the chippers that look home made there is a lot of good engineering and quality machining that has
gone into the building of those machines...

I don't heat with wood, but suppose a fire box monitored by a thermostat and good damper controls would
make that size wood burn as efficiently as any other...

Good engineering and work.....