Motorcycle as tow truck

/ Motorcycle as tow truck #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Might be a good way to get a stalled car off the road quicker than a tow truck can get there. I wouldn't want to do a long tow as shown in the video.

/ Motorcycle as tow truck #2  
Might be a good way to get a stalled car off the road quicker than a tow truck can get there. I wouldn't want to do a long tow as shown in the video.

Well, that is definitely thinking "out of the box". Looks like it works!:thumbsup:

/ Motorcycle as tow truck #3  
murder on clutches .... and the most important aspect .... "stopping "????? should be under towing things wrong .....

/ Motorcycle as tow truck #4  
murder on clutches .... and the most important aspect .... "stopping "????? should be under towing things wrong .....
I would be willing to bet that there are brakes on that trailer..

/ Motorcycle as tow truck #5  
as in when some idiot cuts him off ( its only a bike ) , and the car/bike jack knifes, pushing the whole mess sideways out of control ....

the "high" center of gravity makes the bike unstable with the arms UP .... low visibility when doing a hook up, due to small footprint of bike ...

and the scariest thing of all... weaving between the cars in that "narrow broken bike lane" to get to the vehicle ..... just one car door away from cleaving off a leg or two. Darwin Award anyone?

/ Motorcycle as tow truck #6  
I've seen similar video of these devices used in Asia (Japan perhaps) Seems expedient.

/ Motorcycle as tow truck #7  
I've seen similar video of these devices used in Asia (Japan perhaps) Seems expedient.

I see it as a limited application, certainly no substitute for a standard tow truck, but in some instances where the tow truck cannot get to the stalled car this looks like a way of solving the problem, until the hover-tow can be invented and utilized:) yes it is dangerous to go between cars, but if you go slow and have warning lights, and take some risk, it can turn out OK.

/ Motorcycle as tow truck #8  
I believe I'll pass on that.