Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Rapidly losing faith in society

Quote Originally Posted by Loadstar View Post
    Gas saver dodge running on fumes - YouTube

He seems to really think he has stumbled onto something here. I see people like this and well what I would like to say is highly offensive so I will leave it at that. If you don't see anything wrong please throw away your hammer or tape or whatever you cobble crap together with.
    What a maroon! All he needed was a little bit of a backfire and with that setup, he would have had a very spectacular explosion.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

If the fuel system is set correctly, they all run on fumes rather than liquid, they just use a carb or injection system to convert liquid to a vapor. Liquid gasoline will not burn, it is too rich.
    Now as to his truck running on fumes, I doubt that it is not sucking fuel into the injection system or carb without the fuel pump kicking in or maybe it is all a hoax and just wanting someone to try it. Like 99% of the Youtube videos that seem to be impossible and really are but you still have people that believe that they are real.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Ford 640

You could take the intake manifold off and dowse the valley with gas and make it run. As long as you have compression and spark at the right times the engine does not care how it is fueled. I do not recommend that but as long as the criteria of combustion is met it will go with or without a carb or injectors or even a throttle plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Loadstar View Post
    You could take the intake manifold off and dowse the valley with gas and make it run. As long as you have compression and spark at the right times the engine does not care how it is fueled. I do not recommend that but as long as the criteria of combustion is met it will go with or without a carb or injectors or even a throttle plate.
    I had a single banger Arctic Cat snowmobile at one time and once when I was doing some carburetor work I cranked it over without any carb installed. It fired 4 or 5 times just from the excess fuel in the crankcase (which was why I was doing carb work in the first place).

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L5030HSTC

A little learning is a dangerous thing;
    drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
    there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
    and drinking largely sobers us again.

Alexander Pope, 1709
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Elite Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

*frowns* i now know why it is illegal to modify a car/truck engine fuel when drove on public highways @@
    Ryan

Tractor
    Kubotas: L3240GST B2320HST B5100D & G5200H

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Canute View Post
    What a maroon! All he needed was a little bit of a backfire and with that setup, he would have had a very spectacular explosion.
    That was my first thought.
    Some of the comments are amusing, too.

Where can I get me some of that dead gas?
    That's the problem with trouble.
    It always starts out as such fun."
    - Randall Brown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12