Underwater WIFI test for actioncamera SHOCK !

/ Underwater WIFI test for actioncamera SHOCK ! #1  

Metsaman

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson
Today I make underwater WIFI connection test for SJ4000 actioncamera, results are ones again shock... :eek:

/ Underwater WIFI test for actioncamera SHOCK ! #4  
Shock? Of course 2.4 GHz doesn't work under water, what did you expect? No high frequencies work under water, submarines use VLF for communication. 2.4 GHz is also the resonant frequency of H2O molecules. making it completely inable to penetrate water (even fog or high humidity is a problem for Wifi.

/Marcus

/ Underwater WIFI test for actioncamera SHOCK !
Shock? Of course 2.4 GHz doesn't work under water, what did you expect? No high frequencies work under water, submarines use VLF for communication. 2.4 GHz is also the resonant frequency of H2O molecules. making it completely inable to penetrate water (even fog or high humidity is a problem for Wifi.

/Marcus

When I make My first WIFI range tests in winter few peoples say that they have WIFI camera that working under water, I don't know maybe they cameras have some low frequency..

I was surprise that My camera WIFI signal cut so suddenly when camera is under to water just only few centimeters...

/ Underwater WIFI test for actioncamera SHOCK ! #6  
I imagine, that one could turn the camera on, using WiFi, then put it underwater to record the action.

I imagine, that one could turn the camera on, using WiFi, then put it underwater to record the action.

Of course camera work normally underwater but water cuts WIFI signal totally, can't use watch "online" video on camera by WIFI...

/ Underwater WIFI test for actioncamera SHOCK ! #8  
Mensaman I don't understand why you're SHOCKed. Were you unaware that radio signals don transmit thru water?

Mensaman I don't understand why you're SHOCKed. Were you unaware that radio signals don transmit thru water?

When I make in winter My open area WIFI range tests I don't really expect that few centimeters underwater cut signal completely... that's was huge surprise..

And now We talking WIFI signal that have very high frequency (2.4 Ghz), lower frequency penetrates water better what I understand comments that I get from peoples how have watch My test.