Need Help Identifying a Log Splitter

/ Need Help Identifying a Log Splitter #1  

SuperA

Bronze Member
Tractor
FORD 4110 LCG , International 300 Utility, Farmall Super A, Farmall Cub
Can anyone please shed some light on the Maker of this Log Splitter and some general info, like what Oil to use in the Hydraulic system. Thanks, DanO'

/ Need Help Identifying a Log Splitter #2  
All hydraulic fluids will work in a log splitter including ATF. The double upright for the wedge is similar to setups used for a slip-on 4-way wedge. The pump appears to be a Haldex/Barnes 11gpm 2-stage.
Can't help with the engine or manufacturer.

/ Need Help Identifying a Log Splitter #3  
I am guessing homemade. Nice design though, better than alot of crap I see on c-list that are thrown together, not painted, no jack heavy on one end, and asking new price for them claiming "heavy duty"

Couple of reasons I think it is homemade...

1. Pump coupling is exposed and no gaurds
2. "Most" factory built logsplitters dont use tie-rod cylinders
3. most use a more substantial connection between pusher and beam, and alot of times greasable
4. Most have something on the pusher to keep logs from slipping, pieces of metal, washers, etc.
5. No markings at all.

Dont have any info on the motor.

Tonnage would be based on cylinder diameter and pump pressure. Looks like a 4" cylinder which would be "rated" by the big MFG's as somewhere between 18-22 tons.

Judging from the speed, it looks like an 11gpm pump. Which is typically paired with at least a 5HP motor.

And yea, any hydraulic oil will work.

/ Need Help Identifying a Log Splitter
Thanks for the response...Well, if this thing is Home Made, it's the Best Home Made one i Ever Saw. No Guards on the pump coupling was the First thing I noticed and am making one for it... that's a Accident waiting to happen.
. Thanks again, DanO'

Last edited:
   / Need Help Identifying a Log Splitter
Hey Dave That Sure Does Look Like it.. only Difference is the Wisconsin Engine, which certainly could of been changed.
Just Posted a Update on You Tube Thanks So Much for the info. DanO'

Last edited:
   / Need Help Identifying a Log Splitter #7  
Yep, that sure looks like it/

There are so many small outfits that make splitters, and they come and go and dont sell as many as the big recognizable brands. Kinda like old rear blades for tractors...