Saved a big maple from the landfill.

/ Saved a big maple from the landfill. #11  
Nice video. I hate waste so it's great to see this sort of thing.

/ Saved a big maple from the landfill. #12  
VERY COOL! :thumbsup:

I had clicked on the link last night and then decided not to watch the video. After reading the comments this morning, I went back and watched it... and two others! Good Stuff!

I found the gas cans on Amazon. Definitely going to get at least one.

What's the stuff that you painted on the ends? I'm assuming it's to prevent checking? I have several ash logs that I want to take to a local mill. Should I put that stuff on my logs while I'm waiting to take them?

/ Saved a big maple from the landfill.
VERY COOL! :thumbsup:

I had clicked on the link last night and then decided not to watch the video. After reading the comments this morning, I went back and watched it... and two others! Good Stuff!

I found the gas cans on Amazon. Definitely going to get at least one.

What's the stuff that you painted on the ends? I'm assuming it's to prevent checking? I have several ash logs that I want to take to a local mill. Should I put that stuff on my logs while I'm waiting to take them?

It was anchorseal. It helps keep the ends from checking. If you have some thick paint that can be used also but not as effective. If you have ash timber get them to the mill asap. Ash do not last long after cut down and in my area the bugs love them.