Saved a big maple from the landfill.

/ Saved a big maple from the landfill. #2  
Lot history was made as the mighty oak grow.

/ Saved a big maple from the landfill. #3  
Nice video series. Are you primarily a logger or woodworker?

/ Saved a big maple from the landfill. #5  
Thanks, I am a logger,sawmill owner and woodworker,

Kind of "farm to table" woodworking I guess. Very nice. I hope you have a good marketing strategy as lots of people value that sort of vertical integration and connection to the soil that you can provide. I don't live anywhere nearby but I'd certainly like to have a table made from an identifiable rather than anonymous tree. My next door neighbor harvests pine trees from his friend's plot and then builds nice big farm tables with wide boards for his family.

/ Saved a big maple from the landfill. #6  
Nice bar on the saw!!

Why do they have to destroy all the trees on a condemmed property? Terrible, if that is just a policy.

More and more there are issues here trying to score such wood. Liability and moving wood that may contain pests.

/ Saved a big maple from the landfill.
Nice bar on the saw!!

Why do they have to destroy all the trees on a condemmed property? Terrible, if that is just a policy.

More and more there are issues here trying to score such wood. Liability and moving wood that may contain pests.

I think the city wants the lots completely cleared, not sure on that,

I saw the wood at my business location then all the wood is kiln dried to kill any pest etc.

Thanks for watching sir!

Kind of "farm to table" woodworking I guess. Very nice. I hope you have a good marketing strategy as lots of people value that sort of vertical integration and connection to the soil that you can provide. I don't live anywhere nearby but I'd certainly like to have a table made from an identifiable rather than anonymous tree. My next door neighbor harvests pine trees from his friend's plot and then builds nice big farm tables with wide boards for his family.

I have a good market for these wood. I either sale it to other woodworkers or like you said make a table with a story, I appreciate your comment on this. Not all people look at this like you do, thanks,

/ Saved a big maple from the landfill. #9  
123maxbars, what is the name/brand of the the gas can you show in this video? Your videos are very interesting and thank you for sharing. lt190b

123maxbars, what is the name/brand of the the gas can you show in this video? Your videos are very interesting and thank you for sharing. lt190b

Thanks, I got mine at lowes. That is the only place I have seen them for sale. worth every penny.