I'm addicted to cutting firewood

/ I'm addicted to cutting firewood #1  

MMfrompa

Silver Member
Tractor
3 RK's

/ I'm addicted to cutting firewood #2  
Nice video, with all the dead Ash trees from the Emerald Ash borer there sure is lots of wood to cut.

/ I'm addicted to cutting firewood #3  
Been there, done that, for years, enough! Although I love the smell of a wood fire in the Fall, it's that time in my life for the ease of propane heat for me. Selling all my dead Ash trees to a professional logger who sells it for firewood. Tons and tons of it. (Mehoopany - Forston, PA area) Even if I was still burning wood for our Winter's heating, the trees would fall down and rot away before I could use them all.

First it was the Hemlock woolly adelgid that destroyed most all my Hemlocks and then the Emerald Ash Borer killed all our Ash trees. Now I see the Gypsy Moth caterpillars have hatched and will most likely do a number on the Oaks. :mad:

Last edited:
   / I'm addicted to cutting firewood #4  
I've been there also - for 20+ years we burned pine. Now I'm just too old and creaky for all that stuff. I sell our large pine to the lumber mills and use electric heat. I guess everybody has their own tree nemesis - here its Pine Bark beetle.

BTW - nice video. I don't think I was ever that fast with the chainsaw, though, ha,ha.

/ I'm addicted to cutting firewood #5  
Yep, we spend several weeks out in the Black Hills of SD every year. It's amazing the devastation those little buggers (Pine Bark beetles) can do to the pine forests. It's truly disheartening to see entire mountainsides destroyed! :(

/ I'm addicted to cutting firewood #6  
Nice video. I love cutting up firewood too. Been eyeing some timber my new neighbors just cut down just so I can help cut it up.

Just my 2 cents....I'm a member of the "I know what I'm doing crowd" but look into a pair of chaps and chain resistant boots. I've seen some pretty horrible chainsaw wounds that could have been avoided.

/ I'm addicted to cutting firewood #7  
I see firewood everywhere I go. I don't even say it out loud anymore, as everyone but my dad is tired of hearing it.
I love the sound of your chainsaw in high-speed.
Thank you for not dragging that entire tree all the way out of the woods through the dirt.

/ I'm addicted to cutting firewood #8  
With lots of trees and cold winters cutting my own firewood just makes sense. I don't bother with a tape measure though, I just made a mark on each side of my bar that's 16" from the tip.

/ I'm addicted to cutting firewood #9  
Tis a noble addiction ;)

/ I'm addicted to cutting firewood #10  
Naaaa.good therapy helps w/the waste line.