Pulling tree out of pond with the Kubota

/ Pulling tree out of pond with the Kubota #1  

MMfrompa

Silver Member
Tractor
3 RK's

/ Pulling tree out of pond with the Kubota #2  
Well MM, that tree was certainly worth the effort. Lots of good firewood there. I am surprised a seasoned wood cutter such as yourself doesn't carry some wedges. One would have made the root cut easier as you could have gone through it in one cut.

/ Pulling tree out of pond with the Kubota
Well MM, that tree was certainly worth the effort. Lots of good firewood there. I am surprised a seasoned wood cutter such as yourself doesn't carry some wedges. One would have made the root cut easier as you could have gone through it in one cut.

You're correct, I forgot my little box with wedges, file, and other things at the house

/ Pulling tree out of pond with the Kubota #4  
There were two things (well actually three if you want to count the obnoxious salesman at the Kubota place) that stopped me buying what I think is one of the best of the bunch. The fel control blocking off access from the right (unless one is a ferret) and the treacherous placement of the front tie rods in front of the axle. In my woods, I would have destroyed them constantly.
I would have had to jump up to the L4000 series to avoid this but it was not in the financial cards to do so. Too bad as I like these little Kubotas the best otherwise.

Attachments

• PICT0057.jpg
    PICT0057.jpg
    907.6 KB · Views: 136
   / Pulling tree out of pond with the Kubota #5  
personally I'd of left the tree in the pond. I don't cut dead trees for firewood for a couple of reasons, especially one laying on the ground. I cut live trees that I want thinned out of my woodlot to improve my woodlot to my aims. Just my preferences, nothing wrong with what you do, so don't take this as some sort of critic.

Anyways, interesting to see what others do/go thru getting a pile of firewood.
Keep up the good work.

/ Pulling tree out of pond with the Kubota #6  
When I cut firewood - I never was able to use too many fallen trees. Once down, Ponderosa pine rots so very fast and thats all I have here. A standing dead is usually still OK.

/ Pulling tree out of pond with the Kubota #7  
Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Keeping woods clean up as such good therapy also feeling.

/ Pulling tree out of pond with the Kubota #8  
Great video! I love working in my woods and collecting downed firewood. I usually move pine to the sides of my driveway as a type of retaining wall and keep from venturing into the wetlands. I don't like to take down live, viable trees and only take dangerous or dead ones. I like that 3-pt box you have. Is that home made? If so, nice job. If not, where did you get it?

/ Pulling tree out of pond with the Kubota #9  
What an excellent and professional looking video.

/ Pulling tree out of pond with the Kubota
Great video! I love working in my woods and collecting downed firewood. I usually move pine to the sides of my driveway as a type of retaining wall and keep from venturing into the wetlands. I don't like to take down live, viable trees and only take dangerous or dead ones. I like that 3-pt box you have. Is that home made? If so, nice job. If not, where did you get it?

It's just a King Kutter 3 Point Carry All Frame, I just painted it Kubota Orange and added the umber with some 1/2" bolts. I did a video on it you can check out if you like. Kind of funny it was one of my least favorite videos that I have made but the most viewed?? Go figure, over 94,000 people watched this video