New speed record set

/ New speed record set #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
for unmodified production car on a public highway, IIRC.

Bruce

/ New speed record set #2  
Yes, and I once had a Ford Pinto!

/ New speed record set #3  
0 to 60 in 13 seconds...what a dog;)

/ New speed record set #4  
Two observations:

1) The camera perspective is from 'my side' of driving a vehicle :thumbsup:, and

2) Not ONE bug splatter on the windscreen! :scratchchin:

/ New speed record set #5  
SO.........who is doing what with all that supposed speed?

/ New speed record set #7  
Moss - I, like everybody else, who rides motorcycles has a favorite road. Mine is straight as an arrow, very nice asphalt and goes from a little town in wheat country ( Colfax ) straight - and I do mean STRAIGHT - over to Seattle. Its where I check out the higher speeds on my BMW motorcycle speedometer against my GPS unit ( Nav V ). M/C speedometers are very similar to car spedos - as speed increases accuracy declines. Not so much for GPS units.

I've been stopped once on this road - HWY 26 - and fortunately the highway patrolman was my neighbor down the road. I got a tongue lashing and a guarantee that next time he caught me going that fast - it wouldn't be a verbal warning. I also think he was a tad bit pissed because it took him so long to catch up to me - and that's after I brought it WAY down to 125 mph crawl.

If I ever get stopped again - which I doubt because my 2017 BMW R1200GSA is not the "crotch rocket" type - my answer, as to why I'm going so fast, will be "marketing of course".

CUL in grey bar city- arriba, arriba - hondelay, hondelay........................

/ New speed record set #8  
Nice... yes, I'll admit to not being a role model citizen on my motorcycle many years ago before I was married. My favorite used to be riverside drive here in town. There was a curve that I'd take quadruple the speed limit on back then, that now, I feel unsafe AT the speed limit in a car.

Well, for one thing, there were about half as many cars on the road back then, and for another, the roads were maintained better back then. Now the road is crowded with traffic and potholes... it would be suicidal to ride a bike on that road with even the slightest lean into a curve.

I did use to take my bike to the local drag strip when I felt the need for speed in a straight line, though. It was quite fun.

1977 Yamaha RD400 two-stroke twin with "a little" work done to it...
11:92 in the quarter mile at around 119mph... not bad for a 25 cubic inch engine. :D