Jumping into a perfectly good airplane

/ Jumping into a perfectly good airplane #2  
I guess it wasn't one in Air Transats Fleet then.

/ Jumping into a perfectly good airplane #3  
As a former skydiver, I can appreciate the guts it took to try such a maneuver.

As a former helicopter pilot, I have no desire to try this but fully understand why they chose to do it utilizing a fixed wing AC over trying jump into a helicopter.
Can you say shredded meat? ;)

Rams

/ Jumping into a perfectly good airplane #4  
It's all just in the timing! With the Helo, I mean.

/ Jumping into a perfectly good airplane #5  
It's all just in the timing! With the Helo, I mean.

If you say so. Had I been on this crew, my choice would have been to be on the accompanying aircraft taking the photos.
I do wonder how many times they practiced just getting close before trying to enter the boarded AC. I heard that the first actual attempt, the first boarder hit the door frame hard.

Not that I don't like adrenaline, I just don't need it in large volumes any more. Got most of that out of my system long ago.

/ Jumping into a perfectly good airplane #6  
If you say so. Had I been on this crew, my choice would have been to be on the accompanying aircraft taking the photos.
I do wonder how many times they practiced just getting close before trying to enter the boarded AC. I heard that the first actual attempt, the first boarder hit the door frame hard.

Not that I don't like adrenaline, I just don't need it in large volumes any more. Got most of that out of my system long ago.

Carrier landings are a lot more fun.
Lots of adrenaline, and a good bit safer too.
I've got a few.

/ Jumping into a perfectly good airplane #7  
Carrier landings are a lot more fun.
Lots of adrenaline, and a good bit safer too.
I've got a few.

Again, if you say so. Never landed on an aircraft carrier.

As a Scout Pilot and Huey Pilot put it down places I would have rather not but, you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. As an Army MTP, I've got more landings test flying OH-58s, UH-1s and AH-1s than I care to count. All single engine aircraft, eight engine failures over the years that I test flew. Never bent a skid so, all landings were ones I walked away from and the aircraft flew again.

But, back to that stunt, there was a time in my life I'd have tried about anything. No longer true. Found out that falling down hurts and that I'm allergic to pain. :D