The Daily Deer

/ The Daily Deer #11  
nybirdman Check the Bushnell Aggressor HD 20 MP;I have run game cameras for ten years and this camera is out -standing.This is a screen capture from a video.That particular camera is a Browning;also very nice but lacking a little in night pictures(it is a black out style in all fairness).The Bushnell is a "low" glow.[/QUOTE said:
Thank you for the info and be checking it out. :thumbsup:

/ The Daily Deer #12  
JD855guy I am just getting started with this project so I can't say with any certainty if the deer are looking at the red glow of the IR lights or just my out of place camera stand. Here is the setup before I added a larger battery and larger solar panel. The new solar panel spans the entire width of the stand and sits at a 45 degree angle on the ground. [ATTACH=CONFIG said:
535503[/ATTACH]

So far I have only captured the one small buck and the rest have been does. It may be I will not get any large weary bucks. I often see large tracks in my field so I know I have the traffic. I will eventually move the stand out where I see those tracks. I chose the current location because I saw a lot of smaller tracks there already so I put a mineral block and some corn out. They seem to like the cover of the tree but the small buck I captured was right out in the middle of my yard. About 50 yards away is where I often see large tracks so one of these days I will move the stand out there to see if I capture the animals making those.
Your giving me some great starter ideas :thumbsup: nor critter here are hunted for there my wife pets.

/ The Daily Deer
I think this kind of answers the question about whether or not the bucks will care about infrared lights or big white bulky cameras looking at them. Once they get a sniff of where the does have been feeding they could care less.

/ The Daily Deer
We had a pretty busy night until a spike arrived. (not shown in this video) He came in around midnight, back at 2:30, and showed back up around 5 AM.

Watch full screen in the shadows behind the tree and see if you can tell how many deer pass through my front yard.

I placed an old sweatshirt on some sticks to see it they were apprehensive about it. It had been worn and left in my dirty clothes basket so it had my scent on it. The only sign of them caring was they shied away from licking the mineral block nearby.

/ The Daily Deer #15  
Have feeling there not bedding down to far from your house.

/ The Daily Deer
I just looked out in the field the the large track I've been seeing walked by 20 feet from the cameras but not in view of them. I adjusted the outbound camera towards the field where I saw those tracks and i think I will leave the flood lights on tonight. I have been trying to get a glimpse of this BIG deer for a while with no success.

/ The Daily Deer #17  
Maybe little Doe spray scent near cam will help.

/ The Daily Deer #18  
Nice videos!

I notice those are wireless cameras and you said they have SD that could be downloaded from. Do you use the wifi, or could you shut that down, to save power?

/ The Daily Deer
Nice videos!

I notice those are wireless cameras and you said they have SD that could be downloaded from. Do you use the wifi, or could you shut that down, to save power?

I download through the wifi. The SD cards are not easily accessible. You would have to take the cameras apart to get to them. You can do everything through the widows or android apps via wifi so there is no real need to take the cards out. I format them every now and then but they automatically overwrite old files when they get full. They will hold several days of recordings. They only record segments when the camera detects movement and the deer seem to be more stealthy than rain. When it rains they record almost non stop but when the deer are in front of them they will stop and start. I might need to set them to record longer after motion is detected. I have that set for 15 seconds right now. I think I will try 30 again.

/ The Daily Deer
Last night I had a couple of does come in to eat a spell then a half rack buck enters to displace them. This pair of does travel together and I have seen them run other does away. I wonder if they are mother and daughter that don't want to separate.

I hope this buck lost half his rack sparring or rubbing. I have seen a one horn spike, a seven point with one spike missing, and now this half rack. All of the defects have been on their right side so I fear there is a genetic flaw being passed down. I have seen a four point with a near perfect symmetrical rack.

I checked the tracks at the mineral block this morning and this is still not the large track buck I hope to capture some images of.