The Daily Deer

/ The Daily Deer #2  
Game cameras are great fun;I have five of them and run on video all the time.What brand is your camera?I run Bushnell and Brownings;the latest is a Bushnell Aggressor HD and takes out-standing video.

/ The Daily Deer #3  
Just wait until newborns start showing up,your game cam will be worth every penny.

/ The Daily Deer
These are Reolink RLC411WS wifi security cameras. I have them mounted on a stand and powered by a deep cycle battery with a 100 watt solar panel connected.

I sit in my living room and watch over the network. The cameras have SD cards that they record to and I can download the videos or capture photos through the network.

/ The Daily Deer #5  
JD855guy These are Reolink RLC411WS wifi security cameras.[/QUOTE said:
I am in the market for least 2 new game cams this year...thanks for info.

/ The Daily Deer

These have not been cheap or easy to set up. They have limited range and eat battery power. I have had to upgrade to a marine deep cycle battery with a 100 watt solar panel so it has a large footprint and it's too early to tell if it will maintain the charge.

It works okay for my purpose since it's near the house in my field but not the setup you would leave in the woods.

/ The Daily Deer #7  

Check the Bushnell Aggressor HD 20 MP;I have run game cameras for ten years and this camera is out -standing.This is a screen capture from a video.That particular camera is a Browning;also very nice but lacking
a little in night pictures(it is a black out style in all fairness).The Bushnell is a "low" glow.

Attachments

• broke 8 Jan.18.jpg
    broke 8 Jan.18.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 347
   / The Daily Deer
That low glow business is over rated. It's a sales gimmick. The deer don't seem to care in fact they look into the lights out of curiosity and tend to pose for the camera. I have also read the low glow tends to reduce the effectiveness of the infrared lighting distance. Practically every video I have of deer shows them looking into the camera then going on about their business. The infrared lights on my cameras can be seen from 100 feet away.

Watch this guy check the camera out as he walks in front and poses.
Deer captured on Reolink RLC-411WS wifi Security Camera - YouTube

/ The Daily Deer #9  
I don't think I can agree about low-glow and no-glow."Wild" deer will notice the "low-glow" ,certainly any predators will spook(coyotes ect.).No-glow has it's place so humans can't see it;think security camera.
No-glow is limited for night time pictures but with quality cameras it still works,just may not have the range of low glow.

/ The Daily Deer
I don't think I can agree about low-glow and no-glow."Wild" deer will notice the "low-glow" ,certainly any predators will spook(coyotes ect.).No-glow has it's place so humans can't see it;think security camera.
No-glow is limited for night time pictures but with quality cameras it still works,just may not have the range of low glow.

I am just getting started with this project so I can't say with any certainty if the deer are looking at the red glow of the IR lights or just my out of place camera stand.

Here is the setup before I added a larger battery and larger solar panel. The new solar panel spans the entire width of the stand and sits at a 45 degree angle on the ground.
cameras-stand.jpg

So far I have only captured the one small buck and the rest have been does. It may be I will not get any large weary bucks. I often see large tracks in my field so I know I have the traffic. I will eventually move the stand out where I see those tracks. I chose the current location because I saw a lot of smaller tracks there already so I put a mineral block and some corn out. They seem to like the cover of the tree but the small buck I captured was right out in the middle of my yard. About 50 yards away is where I often see large tracks so one of these days I will move the stand out there to see if I capture the animals making those.

I am not hunting these animals so they are used to having free range on my land.