Do we have anything like this in the US?

/ Do we have anything like this in the US? #3  
Undoubtedly a fine machine for laying large and long distance pipelines.

/ Do we have anything like this in the US? #4  
A smaller version might be great for digging footings if there's enough space to maneuver.

/ Do we have anything like this in the US? #5  
That is awesome! Would love to try that machine out when I do my sprinklers in the backyard.. LOL

/ Do we have anything like this in the US? #6  
Lots of pipeline installers use something similar but with a bucket wheel instead of a track. That one looks like it is specifically for rock or other hard surfaces but uses the same principal.

Some places don't allow those types of excavators when they is a danger of crossing another pipeline. A backhoe will find those lines usually without damage/severely damaging while those bucket wheel or in this case a track digger will just power thru them before the operator realizes he has hit something.

/ Do we have anything like this in the US? #7  
I was a welder by trade and one winter my job was to weld the digging conveyor at the end of the shift late into the night on a machine like this. The constant wear on the rock caused the conveyor chains to wear out so my job was to build it up with wear surface nightly. This was in Maine about the 1998 era. They were putting in water lines on the side of a mountain in solid ledge.

Farmers have pto driven ditchers that run a wheel that slings mud sideways to make a ditch.

On the railroad a logging contractor had a type of ditcher that had a massive arm that could sling the mud and dirt out into the woods, or cover the digging head and send it up into a conveyor and into a gondola car. In the winter a snow blowing head was put on it and it could launch snow...some 176 feet away! It had 3000 horsepower.

Another farmer invented a bat wing type V-plow that could make instant ditches, but it was more like a plow then a conveyor type

Attachments

• Glacier-3.jpg
    Glacier-3.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 196
   / Do we have anything like this in the US? #9  
This is that V-Plow ditcher, but a person can use it to plow snow too. Just have plenty of tractor to pull it!