Silo Art

/ Silo Art #1  

bunyip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 5810 HST
There are now many silo's in the country that have been converted by a variety of artists, we just spent 3 days visiting six of them and this is some footage of three.
They are really quite good and boost for tourism in regional areas, at one of the silos I had problems landing the drone when several cars and campers arrived.
The weather was kind to us with clear skies and little or no wind but is was cold (by our standards, about 12ーC).
These are in the Mallee which is about 350km from us and the silos were spaced over another 200km so it was an easy days drive.

silo 3 on Vimeo

/ Silo Art #2  
Gee - - that's some REAL art - - not just graffiti. I've not seen any of that around here. Basically - we have silos made out of corregated galvanized steel or the big purple sealed ones. And I've only seen the big painted advertisements on two barns in the area. One was for Copenhagen - I was told its not real but was done by a group of local teenagers. The other was an ad for Marlboro cigarettes - it was the "Marlboro man".

And BTW - I didn't realize that a drone could take such clear, vibration free video. That's a really good clip.

/ Silo Art
Drone is a DJI Mavic Pro and was shot in 4K, the resolution reduces when posted.
I am very happy with the drone and its capabilities and especially its ease to fly, pretty much flies itself and you just guide it, even auto lands so no thump whenit comes down.
The remote hooks up to your android or apple device, in my case a Samsung Galaxy S5, just don't forget flight mode so there is no interuption.

/ Silo Art #4  
Really nice post. I have seen a lot of silos in the midwest but none of them had art like that. Even the concrete silos only had adds on them, no art.

What is the range on your Drone?

/ Silo Art #5  
That is very nice! In my area of the US there are few silos (that I've seen). Every small town has a water tower, but "unfortunately" they are plain jane, nothing artistic on most of them. I want a drone, but there are 2 names on my checking account. LOL

/ Silo Art #6  
That is very nice! In my area of the US there are few silos (that I've seen). Every small town has a water tower, but "unfortunately" they are plain jane, nothing artistic on most of them. ....

Well, I get to see the Peachoid when I travel between SC and NC on I-85.:)

bc0efbecf252e70afc13198e6c137e98.jpg

Steve

/ Silo Art
Really nice post. I have seen a lot of silos in the midwest but none of them had art like that. Even the concrete silos only had adds on them, no art.

What is the range on your Drone?

7km but CASA rules that I must not lose sight of it and legal ceiling is 400'.
These silos are disused and the art was a wheat board initiative, the surrounding land is all wheatfields and most now is stored on concrete under plastic and fumigated for pests.