tractor tires

/ tractor tires #1  

garycpennock

Tractor
John Deere 710B and Oliver tractor
Need 2 rear tires for my John Deere 710B. I will need them mounted at my site. They are R4 size 21L-24 12 ply rating. I am located in the San Diego Ca. area. More specifically Poway, Ca 92064. New or good used tires are acceptable. Could also use the front tires as well.

Thank You,
Gary
Phone: 858-486-3282

/ tractor tires #3  
Hello & WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the Wanted Ads Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

/ tractor tires #4  
being that you are in a big city. i don't know. if you were out some place rural were there was a lot of farming going on. it would be a different story.

for example. a year or 2 ago. needed rear tires for the ford 555c TLB. i first called local parts/repair for tractors and they all said call a tire place. so i hit the old paper phone book and called around. i got a lot of no we do not carry construction / agriculture equipment tires. but i did find half dozen places.

some of them, wanted me to take the rims off the tractor and take them to them to put new ones on. while others had a dedicated person / truck. that had a small hoist / crane on rear of truck to lift new / old tires in and out. along with a pump and tank, if you wanted your rear tires filled with a fluid for more weight in the rear of tractor.

i ended up on the internet. and came across a few dedicated websites, that listed "agriculture" tires and places that sale them for example ((double check tire manufacturers websites for agriculture tires / dealers)) this gave me a couple more places to call and prices.

i honestly do not know the difference between different manufacture tires. more so in agriculture tires with same ply rating, same size and all. but some manufacture tires cost double compared to other manufacturers. and certain dealers only could get certain manufactor tires. i ended up getting some off name brand tire (do not recall actual manufacture that made tire)

the person that came out and did the placement of new tires. actually preferred the old tires and rims stayed on the vehicle as they got swapped out. it allowed him to apply more force / weight to remove the old and push on the new.

a note: if the person wants to charge by the hour. if you do not want the old tires, for say spares or perhaps a kids sand box. tell that to the person. so they know they can take a saw and just cut off the old tires. ((saves a good amount of work and time)) i think i ended up using a longer blade in saw zaw to cut off my rears. and guy noted to cut about 2 to 4 inches away from the rim. so you would not cut into the wires that were embedded into the tire. and to cut clear around the rim. staying that 2 to 4 inches away from rim on the side walls of the tire, the piece that is left on the rim can be easily pulled off with pry bar.

granted i think i only ran into one place that wanted to charge by the hour. but for you it may be a different story. of by the hour vs a single service fee per tire.

due to cost of the actual tires, vs cost of installing a tube, i went ahead and had a new tube installed as well. it is chump change. and may help prevent a leak. from some nail or like poking up into the tire.

to note it:, i could of ordered tires over internet and had them shipped to me for a couple bucks less. but due to i wanted someone to come out and put on the new tires. i jut gave the extra 10 to 50 bucks to place that came out and put new tires on. it was worth it for me due to less hassle. and they were already setup to handle the 150 to 200lbs tire that were not even on rims yet.