small diesel engine

/ small diesel engine #1  

nwngunner

Silver Member
Tractor
806Farmall 1650Oliver
I am looking for a 20 to 25 hp diesel engine for a splitter build i am working on. Looking for something close to eastern iowa. If any one finds an add or anything for one please pass it on.

/ small diesel engine #2  
if craigslist doesn't have it in you area,,then there may not be one in the world.. sorry.. Lou

/ small diesel engine #3  
Northern tool sells some but they come with a high price. You would have better luck using a Wiscinson or Briggs gas engine if you are jusy running the hydraulic pump.

/ small diesel engine
I am looking at running a hay and corn elevator off of a hydraulic motor as well. So there is going to be a constant draw on pump. Plus going to have a 4way adjustable wedge and a log lift table. Wanted to go diesel for how little fuel it will use in my application. I may just have to go with a gas engine.

/ small diesel engine #5  
The most common small diesels on the used market seem to be Perkins and they are still parts supported. They last a loong time also. They are all over third world countries. A common use is Marine aplications as they make a lot of water cooled ones.

Ron