Hello - Searching for Pettibone Multihoe Parts and Info

/ Hello - Searching for Pettibone Multihoe Parts and Info #1  

WAGDAG

Tractor
Pettibone Multihoe
Good afternoon,

My name is Walt and I live in upstate NY. Thanks to all that have posted info here. I have visited your forum often and have found a lot of help here that was greatly appreciated.

I have started yet another project and thought that I would join your forum to see if anyone would happen to know of available parts, pieces, or have info on this machine. I bought a Pettibone Multihoe rubber tired hoe this past summer and will finally have time to start wrenching on it come springtime. It is a model LDA with SN of 6245A and is powered by a Detroit 3-53. My machine runs and moves under it's own power so I am already better off than I have been on the onset of other past projects!

I need to rebuild a few hydraulic cylinders and can't seem to find any kits for this machine. I tried Tiffin, but I didn't receive a response from them. Can't blame them....this thing is 40 years old. I do have a manual for it which is helpful and have found NAPA filters that can be fitted to this machine.

My biggest problem is my dipper cylinder is totally blown and the oil sails right through it when you try and move it. I could bring it to a local shop and they will custom build the kits and rebuild the cylinder but that is very expensive. I do not know the history of this machine and am afraid to dump a ton of cash into it without working it for a few hours to see how she does. I was hoping to find a rebuild kit and do it myself or possibly buy a cylinder that is still serviceable. Once I have a little more faith in it, I will address all the other things it needs and invest more.

If anyone happens to know of someone that is parting out a Multihoe or a place that I can buy rebuild kits, please let me know.

Thank you and best regards...

Walt

/ Hello - Searching for Pettibone Multihoe Parts and Info #2  
:welcome:

/ Hello - Searching for Pettibone Multihoe Parts and Info #3  
Welcome Walt

/ Hello - Searching for Pettibone Multihoe Parts and Info #5  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Hello - Searching for Pettibone Multihoe Parts and Info #6  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Wanted Ads forum.