Drill Press Table Wanted - Generic

/ Drill Press Table Wanted - Generic #1  

mososodbob

Tractor
none
Hi,

Looking for a table to fit an Orbit brand Model 1458 Drill press. For photos please see this thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/226293-new-me-drill-press.html.

The press is another member's. I need one like his.

Cross checking manuals and posting from members, it appears this drill is made and sold under various brands. I think this Jet part is similar to what I need: part #10702112 OPEN SLOT WORK TABLE for model JDP-17MF/FSE.

Hoping to keep cost down by not having to buy a new table. So, if you have old serviceable one, I'm interested.

Thanks.

Bob

/ Drill Press Table Wanted - Generic #2  
Just curious what diameter table would fit you DP also what size is the shaft opening?

There are some on ebay.

Last edited:
   / Drill Press Table Wanted - Generic
Just curious what diameter table would fit you DP also what size is the shaft opening?

There are some on ebay.

The opening of the shaft is approximately 2 ½ in. If the table stem is smaller, it'll clamp onto it. the depth is approximately 3 inches.

I'm guessing the original table would be between 12 to 17 inches.

/ Drill Press Table Wanted - Generic #4  
The one I have is real heavy cast and will check the measurements in the morning.

/ Drill Press Table Wanted - Generic #5  
2x4's for frame, then 1x6's, or 1x8's for top, with a couple extra 2x4's directly under drill press, for extra added support. the stink drill presses are TOP heavy. and requires a 3 to 4 long bolts from bottom base plate clear down and through 2x4's.... if you place it on a rolling frame work, make sure you have some weight on the very bottom to keep everything up right vs falling over.

i still yet to re-build a bench. for a drill press...
my issues i have rather long pieces to work on at times. mainly pipe. while having drill press clear up to were you can easily view without bending over. as you drill, and squirt in some cutting oil when working with metal...
--my choice is wanting a lower setup. so i can adjust the "lower holding" tray up or down a few inches, but also have top of bench, right there to help hold/lay down some pipe or like. other words... 8 feet long, 30 to 36" height, 2 to 3 feet depth bench. made out of 2x4's and a couple sheets of plywood, but at one end, cutting / notching out so i can set the drill press down into. it means i have to bend over some and not have perfect line of eye sight. but drill press is not every day machine for me, only when a project may come up, then used so many times then put back away.

/ Drill Press Table Wanted - Generic #6  
to note it, the old drill press i have, there is a belt in the very top, that i can move up or down on a set of pulleys (a set at motor, and a set were drill bit goes), allowing me to adjust RPM's for higher or slower. i think i have 4 RPM options, by moving the belt. it helps having this area lower without needing a ladder, to adjust the belt for me.

the old drill press when i got it, was pretty well seized up with rust. and took a couple days of using PB blaster to slow work things free, to point i could start using actual greese and get everything moving easily for the lower sliding table, and all the chucks / locks to hold and set things in place.

/ Drill Press Table Wanted - Generic #7  
The opening of the shaft is approximately 2 ½ in. If the table stem is smaller, it'll clamp onto it. the depth is approximately 3 inches.

I'm guessing the original table would be between 12 to 17 inches.

This table is 16" in diameter with a 3 1/4 stem built from cast steel, If you would like to try it shoot me a PM.

This table is 16" in diameter with a 3 1/4 stem built from cast steel, If you would like to try it shoot me a PM.

PM Sent...will go measure again...will follow-up in the morning. thanks

Bob

/ Drill Press Table Wanted - Generic #9  
Here is a pic of the stem or bottom of table

Here is the top, It has been cleaned since this pic was taken.

IMG_1697.jpgIMG_1699.jpg

Photos of the bracket for the needed table. The opening for the table spindle is approximately 1.9 inches in diameter.