WTB-Briggs 6.5hp Intek Carburator

/ WTB-Briggs 6.5hp Intek Carburator #1  

motorcity

Tractor
Cub Cadet GT1554
Looking for a good rebuildable carb for Briggs & Stratton 6.5hp Intek. Engine is off Craftsman Tiller DSC00288.JPGDSC00286.JPGDSC00287.JPG

/ WTB-Briggs 6.5hp Intek Carburator #2  
Visit your local small engine repair shops.
Many engines generally get scrapped because a rod aerates the crankcase, usually due to lack of oil and they usually keep the majority of usable components such as carbs and starters.

/ WTB-Briggs 6.5hp Intek Carburator #3  
Can you rebuild the carb. you have?

/ WTB-Briggs 6.5hp Intek Carburator
Can you rebuild the carb. you have?

No, its in pretty bad shape it sat ouside, under a cover and is trashed. I thried cleaning it in an ultrasonic clenaner and was a no go. I'm just rtrying to avoid having to spend $60 for a new one, if I can find a good rebuildable core.

/ WTB-Briggs 6.5hp Intek Carburator #5  
I have bought brand new B&S carbs off of eBay for around the $60 USD mark. What I usually do is take the carb number off of the carburetor and just google that number.

What I would do is find out the carb number of a similar size older B&S engine. What you are looking of is a carb that you can adjust the idle needle on. That will let you adjust the carb so that the engine will idle properly.

/ WTB-Briggs 6.5hp Intek Carburator #6  
No, its in pretty bad shape it sat ouside, under a cover and is trashed. I thried cleaning it in an ultrasonic clenaner and was a no go. I'm just rtrying to avoid having to spend $60 for a new one, if I can find a good rebuildable core.

Better price out a kit before you think that $60 is too much. Figure in your labor and it starts to sound very reasonable. We pay about $40 for a kit by the time you buy a float and a few other things that aren't in the kit.