Looking for large 48" 3 ph scoop pan

/ Looking for large 48" 3 ph scoop pan #1  

MGG1

Tractor
Ford / Massey Ferguson
Looking for large 48" 3 ph scoop pan with a wheel.
Any one within 1000 miles of SC have one?

image-3329681386.jpgimage-3850278651.jpgimages.jpg

/ Looking for large 48" 3 ph scoop pan
This search turns one up on ebay in Ohio, 2-wheel pull type.
https://for-sale.yakaz.com/dirt-scoop

Thank you for your time and the link to the Ebay scraper.
I have seen that one on Ebay for some time, ad expires and gets reposted.

Please be on the look out for one like I have pictures of.

My parents had a scoop like the one that I had pictures of and I used it on a MF 175 that had a front mounted Ford hydraulic blade.
They bought it from Montgomery Ward in the late 60s and it had a category 2 hook up.
It worked very well and it was a good match for the 175 and would really work the tractor when pulling through clay.
The tractor would get light even with the front blade when going up an incline.

I have a MF 165 with a FEL with a 68" .65 yd bucket and a 3' wide rear scoop that has been reinforced several times but need more capacity.
I bought a Agrisupply 36" scoop and made 7 hauls with it and it bent really badly in the clay.
I returned it as it was built to weak and does not haul much more than my old small scoop.
I am hauling clay 3/8 mile to replenish a 1/8 mile long pond dam.

After over a year of looking I found and bought a 20 cubic ft Montgomery Wards scoop that was listed on Craigslist 110 miles away!
It did not have the wheel option on it and was a bit much for the MF 165 when fully loaded with clay.
Even with the FEL bucket full of dirt the front end of the tractor was a bit light going up an incline.
I welded up a frame for the scoop and attached Ford Focus hubs and wheels.
It works great with the added wheels.

IMG_2249.JPGIMG_2248.JPG

/ Looking for large 48" 3 ph scoop pan #5  
How do you control the digging depth?

The depth of cut is controlled by the tractors 3 PH hydraulic lift.
Can cut down 6" if needed.

Capture.PNG

The wheel or wheels allow the MF 165 size tractor to keep the front wheels on the ground when carrying 20 cubic feet of clay, approximately 2000 lbs dry, moist even heavier.
I have a 30" wide scoop like the one in your link that will carry 6 cubic feet heaped which is approximately 600 lbs.
That is less than 1/3 the capacity of the larger scoop.

Last edited:
   / Looking for large 48" 3 ph scoop pan #9  
Very cool. I've moved hundreds if not thousands of cubic yards of dirt with a 3pt scoop. Never saw one with wheels. Ingenious idea. The ole 8N that I drove as a kid using the brakes for steering would have loved this idea!!!!

I like your modification very much.

Thanks, I went with 2 wheels rather than one as I could not find a large hub with an axle through it like the original.

I know what you are talking about with the 8N with a very heavy duty brush bumper for counter balance and a full load of dirt in a 30" scoop, gets light on the front.

Looked for but could not find an Overland or similar type scraper, it could carry 27+ cubic feet heaped and they were pulled by 8Ns.
It takes weight and power to pull a scraper and I would think that clay would have to be loose for an 8N to handle a 1 yard scraper.
I have seen pictures of an 8N with dual wheels pulling a scraper

Scraper-770.jpg