Massey Ferguson toothbar versus Markham Welding toothbar

/ Massey Ferguson toothbar versus Markham Welding toothbar #1  

FredWalter

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 5300, Gravely 8163G, BCS735, etc
I recently bought a GC2310. I'm located in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.

I was at a Massey Ferguson dealer yesterday, checking out toothbars. (I'd prefer to buy local if I can, if it makes economic sense.)

The local equivalent of the Markham Welding toothbar is *so* expensive that a Markham Welding toothbar is a better buy, even with the shipping from the USA to Canada, and the brokerage.

However, while I was there, the salesguy said that Massey Ferguson has come out with a toothbar. He was able to show me the price for it, but he wasn't able to show me any photos/etc.

Has anyone here seen the Massey Ferguson toothbar, that can comment on how it compares with the Markham Welding toothbar?

Does anyone here have photos that they can post?

/ Massey Ferguson toothbar versus Markham Welding toothbar #2  
I was at a open house Saturday, that had Massey reps there. So I asked them about a tooth bar, and he said they don't have or make them but he could get an aftermarket one. Now I'm very curious, what was the price on it if you don't mine telling?

/ Massey Ferguson toothbar versus Markham Welding toothbar #3  
It is very hard to beat Markham in product, quality or service.

/ Massey Ferguson toothbar versus Markham Welding toothbar
mpegg said:
I was at a open house Saturday, that had Massey reps there. So I asked them about a tooth bar, and he said they don't have or make them but he could get an aftermarket one. Now I'm very curious, what was the price on it if you don't mine telling?

$208 CDN

FredWalter said:
The local equivalent of the Markham Welding toothbar is *so* expensive that a Markham Welding toothbar is a better buy, even with the shipping from the USA to Canada, and the brokerage.

While the Markham Welding toothbar (mail-ordered from the USA) would be more expensive than the Massey Ferguson toothbar (bought locally), the Markham Welding toothbar sounds like it is heavier duty (with replacable teeth) than the Massey Ferguson toothbar.

So I ordered the Markham Welding toothbar for my GC2310 loader bucket. I told them that my bucket was about 46 5/8" on the inside. Shipping from the USA will cost me about $80, via UPS. If I remember then I'll post my total cost here (including brokerage/etc).

/ Massey Ferguson toothbar versus Markham Welding toothbar #6  
FredWalter you may wish to double check your measurements..

Not to be rude but, would'nt that be 47 5/8 inside..

Has any one ordered a thumb? Would it be usfull?

Thanks

66chevelle said:
FredWalter you may wish to double check your measurements.. Not to be rude but, would'nt that be 47 5/8 inside..

Are you saying that you have a GC2300/GC2310 and your loader bucket is 47 5/8" wide on the inside?

I've measured my loader bucket, and it is 46 5/8" wide on the inside, and 47" wide on the outside.

I know that the specs in the MF2350 operator's manual says that the bucket is 48" wide.

/ Massey Ferguson toothbar versus Markham Welding toothbar #8  
I just made some brush forks that mount inside my bucket. The inside measurement I had was also 46 5/8".

/ Massey Ferguson toothbar versus Markham Welding toothbar #9  
I stand corrected.. My just arrived from the dealer,,

Moral of the story don't trust second hand info..:eek:

/ Massey Ferguson toothbar versus Markham Welding toothbar #10  
Markam is the best ,ive used mine tearing up asphalt and concrete driveways and still looks good 4 years in paving :thumbsup:business