Light weight home made fel forks without welding

/ Light weight home made fel forks without welding #1  

sailorman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2320
May have been covered already but I can 't find it. Anybody made fel forks for light work without welding ? Like pickin' up light brush piles or movin' 10 - 12 2x4 's or 4-5 sheets of ply wood.

/ Light weight home made fel forks without welding #3  
I did. two different ways. First time I used 2 four foot 2X4's scraps. I put bottom 2X4 under the bucket and other on top inside the bucket.Screwed it all down. Remember- use screws, not nails. You will break the wood every now and then if you jerk the load so that way you can replace whats broken. I used that to move 2-6 sheets of 7/16 osb on that from trailer to the garage roof.

Later I picked the knocked down metal posts for road signs. Every year in the spring after the snow thaw, there are a supply of them on the road due to the snowplows knocking them down around here. I did the same thing as wood but bolted them together. this is much stronger then wood and I was able to lift whole lot more too. I used this homemade forks for brush, plywood, shingles, pallets.

Sorry no pics of the wood ones but i can rig couple of them up quickly to show if needed. Ill have to take pics of the metals ones when it light outside.

Either way, its cheap and easy way to go.

/ Light weight home made fel forks without welding
Later I picked the knocked down metal posts for road signs. Every year in the spring after the snow thaw, there are a supply of them on the road due to the snowplows knocking them down around here. I did the same thing as wood but bolted them together. this is much stronger then wood and I was able to lift whole lot more too. I used this homemade forks for brush, plywood, shingles, pallets.

Sorry no pics of the wood ones but i can rig couple of them up quickly to show if needed. Ill have to take pics of the metals ones when it light outside.

Either way, its cheap and easy way to go.

Would like to see the pix of the metal ones. I think I got a good idea of how ya did the wood ones. To bad I don 't live in snow area but might beable to score similar stuff.

/ Light weight home made fel forks without welding