Welding Table

/ Welding Table #1  

Runner

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, 1989 John Deere 185, 1960 Panzer T70B
When I mentioned this project in another thread, someone indicated some interest in seeing how it came out, so here it is.

This project is tractor-related in a couple of ways. First, it will be used to build tractor attachments. Second, I used my boom pole to set the top on the table.

The table frame is constructed of 2 inch and 1 1/2 inch square tubing. The top is a 53 x 60 inch piece of 3/8 inch checker plate steel that the previous owner left in my barn (thank you, sir). The shelves are 1/8 inch sheet steel.

I used 3 inch cast iron casters and a couple of HF scissors jacks for brakes. Used the original jack handles, but had to shorten them up a bit for clearance.

This was my very first project using my new Miller 211 MIG welder and I had a ball with it.

Attachments

• IMG_1762B.jpg
    IMG_1762B.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 1,403
  • IMG_1777B.jpg
    IMG_1777B.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 4,690
  • IMG_1792B.jpg
    IMG_1792B.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 7,847
   / Welding Table #2  
Came out great, and you can use it for any work table needs not just welding.

JB.

/ Welding Table #3  
Looks nice. I built one similar to what you built but, it is alot narrower and lighter built top than yours and use it for so many more things than a welding table.

/ Welding Table #4  
When I mentioned this project in another thread, someone indicated some interest in seeing how it came out, so here it is.

This project is tractor-related in a couple of ways. First, it will be used to build tractor attachments. Second, I used my boom pole to set the top on the table.

The table frame is constructed of 2 inch and 1 1/2 inch square tubing. The top is a 53 x 60 inch piece of 3/8 inch checker plate steel that the previous owner left in my barn (thank you, sir). The shelves are 1/8 inch sheet steel.

I used 3 inch cast iron casters and a couple of HF scissors jacks for brakes. Used the original jack handles, but had to shorten them up a bit for clearance.

This was my very first project using my new Miller 211 MIG welder and I had a ball with it.

Great project,
I'm thinking of doing something similar.
One thing I have done with most of my stuff is to make it palletized . Instead of adding casters, I just make a provision of pallet forks. Just roll whatever you want out, use it and then roll it back for storage.Also you don't have to worry about stuff rolling around while you're working on it.
You also don't have to buy casters! They don't call me El Cheapo for nothing.

/ Welding Table #5  
Great looking table when can i pick it up? are you going to build one for yourself?
Grunt:)

/ Welding Table #6  
Nice job, You wont have to worrie about that one turning over if it did look out.

/ Welding Table
"Nice job, You wont have to worrie about that one turning over if it did look out."

I estimate the top weight to be around 325 lbs and the total around 500 lbs, minus anything stored on it. So, I definitely wouldn't want to be under it if it fell over.

I had a lot of fun getting that sheet steel into the upper shelf. The diagonal between the shelf and the top was not as long as the shelf width, so I had to bend it into a "U" shape to get it in there. Probably was an easier way to do it, but I wasn't smart enough to figure it out....

Maybe should have just left out one of the tubes and welded it in afterwards.

/ Welding Table #8  
Great looking project! Nothing fancy, just a good solid welding table.
One day :rolleyes: I'll get around to building one for myself.

/ Welding Table
It is fancy compared to my old one....

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    739.3 KB · Views: 887
   / Welding Table #10  
It is Nice and well built for sure, I'm doing a lot more welding these day and been thinking of building one, I know we all have tractors to help us with lifting heavy things onto the table But have you thought of putting a swivel boom on one corner? might have to counterweight the table,
one of my my neighbors is a skilled welder and has setup his shop with tables and lifting booms, actually last time I was over there he had installed a electric overhead boom, he's getting hi-tech :D he can afford to be Hi-tech because he charges enough for his work;) 25-35 bucks a pop! for 5-10 minutes of welding time,:eek: