New Welding Forum

/ New Welding Forum #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
We just opened the new forum for welding. There were lots of welding-specific threads dotted around the forums, so I think this will be a nice way to organize them. :)

/ New Welding Forum #3  
Yup pretty cool, couldn't believe my eyes when I was scrolling down through the general forums and saw WELDING.
Welding really is an integral part of the tractoring experience, I could almost guarantee anyone who owns a tractor will also need things welded from time to time, some of them every other day.

There's alot of talk about generators, don't know if it's enough to justify another forum. maybe if it was combined with alternate energy and energy conservation etc ?

JB.

/ New Welding Forum #4  
Should I buy a mig or a stick and what kind? Can I use a 14 guage extention cord to run it 1,500 feet to my barn to weld something in the hayloft? :laughing:

/ New Welding Forum #5  
Should I buy a mig or a stick and what kind? Can I use a 14 guage extention cord to run it 1,500 feet to my barn to weld something in the hayloft? :laughing:

I would get at a 250 amp stick machine on the end of that cord!!:D

/ New Welding Forum #6  
If you're going to do that do it safely - make sure you wear a dust mask climbing around in the hay loft.

P.s. Let me add my thanks for adding the welding topic.

Last edited:
   / New Welding Forum #7  
We just opened the new forum for welding. There were lots of welding-specific threads dotted around the forums, so I think this will be a nice way to organize them. :)

Thanks. It's great to have all these welding threads gathered up into one place.

/ New Welding Forum #10  
If you're going to do that do it safely - make sure you wear a dust mask climbing around in the hay loft.

Hay dust is as explosive as gas. Make sure there is not dust in air or preferably wet the area before you strike the arc.
I was installing temperature measurement at a grain silo many years back. They hired husband and wife to maintain the silo clean specifically sweep the grain dust. I was there when they were instructed in no circumstances to smoke while doing it. The silo exploded next day just after we left the work. Several people were killed. The guy lit up while sweeping the dust on top of the silo.

I also copied this post to Welding forum.